Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mags for SP-01 Shadow for USPSA Production?

GFYprecision

I need some more mags for the SP-01 Shadow I will be using in some local USPSA Production matches.

Which mags are people using for Prod division in their SP-01 Shadows? I assume the Mecgar 17s (MGCZ7517AFC) would be the best bang for the buck.

Thanks.

Whichever mags you can most easily get 6 of for competition usage only and another 4 for dry fire and live fire practice, for a total of 10 magazines. Springs and pads are discretionary.

49 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Whichever mags you can most easily get 6 of for competition usage only and another 4 for dry fire and live fire practice, for a total of 10 magazines. Springs and pads are discretionary.

Good advice. Thanks. 

Should I just use the 3 mags that came with the gun for dry/live fire practice and then use the Mecgar 17s I'll be purchasing for matches?

That's what I do. The stock 18rnd sp01 black mags are my dry fire and practice mags. The nickel 17rnd mec gar mags are my match mags.

The proviso being in my case I use a basepad on my MCG mags that makes them the same length as the stock 18rnd mags, so there is no length or feeling difference doing reloads for me when my hand hits the pouch. Just a small weight difference.

Nickel mags with SP pads are my main mags. MG AFC with SP pads are the rest of my mags.

I sold my factory mags and bought MG AFC's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have 17s 16s and 18's   I like the 16 round mags with CZC long mag bases for Carry Optics  best because they are cheap and the load witness holes are on the Left side of the magazines.   I had Springer pads on the 16's prior to the Carry optics bases.   They are nice

Edited by Timido