Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What optic is everyone using for Carry Optics?

jripper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Original Delta Point on a Primary Machine mount on a Tanfoglio Limited Pro. Discontinued sight on a discontinued mount on a discontinued pistol. Wish I could have another of each.

On 6/1/2017 at 11:24 AM, JOHNNYVETTE69 said:

I JUST SWITCHED TO CARRY OPTIC DIVISION - USPSA

I SHOOT A BERETTA 92 WITH A VORTEX RAZOR MOA 6

AWESOME OPTIC THE DOT IS CRISP

I HAD 2 OUTDOOR MATCHES RECENTLY FULL SUNLIGHT NO WASH OUT THE DOT WAS JUST AS CLEAR AND BRIGHT

How are you mounting the optics on your 92?

The vortex low mount purchased from amozon 

yes you will need to remove your rear sight and install an attaching plate in the dovetail 

all though the low pro mount works well I still had to modify it some with a dremal 

there is also a rear sight sold by a company Sight Mount which offers a picatinny rail with a two dot rear sight integrated in the rail

so you'll be able to use your gun with or without the optic

my razor came with a picatinny attachment 

hope this helps 

Only one match in but using a Venom 3moa with a Springer Precision dovetail mount on my SP01.

I was afraid the 3moa would be too small but I actually liked the small size and doesn't slow me down at all. I do have astigmatism and my glasses aren't 100% so it's probably wiping the dot some making it look larger that it really is, but works great for me. I will say on precise shots a larger dot would probably slow me down, being unsure of the exact impact point.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm running a 13 moa amber rmr on a glock 17 mos. The brighter it is outside the more this thing lights up. Let me know and I'll have it at bnts or chilli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.  21% used the DPP in Carry Optics Nationals this year.  Not overwhelming, but it's still 1 in 5.

Over at Open Division, it was 29% RTS2, 20% Slideride (about 49% C-More) and 11% DPP. 

Wonder what the difference in preferences is about?  Marketing?  Personal preference?  Forum chatter?

Still too new for most established open shooters to convert away from big c-mores... they're lense is way bigger and most don't notice the weight savings/difference vs a micro dot.

I'm new to open and love the dpp

If I could find a mount for my stock 2, I'd throw together a dpp CO backup gun, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, teros135 said:

Interesting.  21% used the DPP in Carry Optics Nationals this year.  Not overwhelming, but it's still 1 in 5.

Over at Open Division, it was 29% RTS2, 20% Slideride (about 49% C-More) and 11% DPP. 

Wonder what the difference in preferences is about?  Marketing?  Personal preference?  Forum chatter?

Ran a viper for the past couple months. Absolutely fed up and disappointed with it. Constantly lost zero and those damn lock screws absolutely suck. 

It's really too bad because it has an awesome form factor...

Switching to a DPP and sending this viper back to vortex and selling the NIB replacement. This makes 2 junk vortex products in the past 3 months for me. I think I'm done with them. 

• 3 weeks later...