Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Had to call Dillon yesterday

I lost the copper thing that you use to calibrate the Dillon electronic scale.  I called and was surprised I was number two in the queu.  After 5 minutes I explained to the guy that I'd pay for it as it was my fault.  He said no and was shipping me out one free.  What a great company.

love the blue coolaid.  That's why I buy everything from Dillon.

IMG_0108.JPG

Love Dillon that is my loader, but my son likes his little 4 hole Lee turret press. Simple, easy to use, and reliable. Finally wore out all the wear type parts and it was getting sloppy. I put an order in at Lee for a bunch of parts and extras for future. Cost on the cart was less than $20 with shipping.  Invoice came with parts showed $0. Did charge a few dollars for shipping. Thought that was pretty good CS.

gerritm

42 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Boring.    :huh:

I am so tired of hearing this all the time, about Dillon.    ^_^

Wish I heard it about some OTHER companies, now and then.   :bow:

1 hour ago, gerritm said:

Love Dillon that is my loader, but my son likes his little 4 hole Lee turret press. Simple, easy to use, and reliable. Finally wore out all the wear type parts and it was getting sloppy. I put an order in at Lee for a bunch of parts and extras for future. Cost on the cart was less than $20 with shipping.  Invoice came with parts showed $0. Did charge a few dollars for shipping. Thought that was pretty good CS.

gerritm

That is pretty common place for Lee.  Their price point is such that they cannot send out enough parts to assemble a second Press.    

So they do track what they send.

Other than the time I wore out my old press I havent had any complaints or charges in any of my dealings with Hornaday. I have had to replace several parts but every thing was handled with a quick phone call and parts were on their way.

I had a press that I wore out the linkage pin and for a hundred bucks they let me trade in my Pro-jector for a LNL a new upgraded press for essentially the cost of shipping I cant complain about that.

Hows that for the Red Kool-aid.

I have never dealt with Lee, but have always had outstanding customer service from Dillion, Hornady and RCBS.

Good to know there are still folks out there that understand and practice good customer service.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once bought a used progressive 12 gauge Lee Press, the Fast All, which I knew had been discontinued more than 10 years earlier, at a yard sale for $10. After inspecting it at home, I found that the inside of the mounting base was badly cracked. On a long shot I called Lee to see if I could order a replacement. Customer service connected me with someone in the warehouse. I explained that I'd just picked this press up at a yard sale and thou I knew they had long gone out of production, I wondered if I could still get the part. The man said yes if they still had any. He asked me to hold the phone warning me it would take him about 5 minutes to go to the far end of the warehouse before he could pickup again. I thanked him for the trouble and waited. After a bit he came back on and said yes they still had a few left and he asked for my address, I gave it to him and asked how much to which he says nothing, we back our equipment for life as long as we still have parts, so no charge. It didn't matter how I came by the press or how it became damaged. 3 days later it arrived, no charge for the part or the shipping. One of the very best customer service experiences ever.

I have found all the reloading company's service departments have treated me very well, no matter what color.