Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Match .40 ???s

The internals are exactly the same as the Limited, the frame is the standard frame as opposed to the "competition" frame which features more aggressive checkering, a solid hammer pin, and provision for a bolt-on mag well; the Match slide is the same length as the Limited, Limited Pro, or Stock III, but has the standard sight cut with a cheesy adjustable rear sight, blued finish and a straight barrel as opposed to cone fit (the Limited has a cone barrel, Limited Pro and Stock III have straight barrels like the Match).

It can make a decent Limited gun, but the resale will be weaker than a Limited; the Hunter is a great value as you get the competition frame for under a grand.

2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Thanks for the rundown.  I'm looking at a used one that has some stuff done to it already.

As I read it, a magwell is not possible on the Match frame?

Canyon Creek used to make one and might make one again in the future.

Henning might make one in the future.

I'm in the process of working up my .40 Match into a limited gun for sentimental reasons not because it's the best - but it can still out shoot me. 

I have a Henning Magwell on order right now and after a bit of back and forth over email with Henning he says "If you fit the one we make to the match, you may need to use a steel putty to fill the gaps mostly for aesthetics."

So I'll post when I do this. Hopefully this weekend since I'm going to shoot it in a match next weekend.

I also had Henning's fixed sight set for the Match and while they're nice I went ahead and bought a 'super sight' and did the cuts myself to the slide to fit them. If you're not planning on using the firing pin safety it fits.

As it sits today:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by hav3n

I have a Witness Elite Match with the large frame that's had some work done to it by the previous owner such as Henning FO front site,  Canyon Creek trigger job and magwell, EGW match hammer & sear, etc.  It's a great Limited gun!  Here's a pic.

Tanfo-40.jpg

5 hours ago, pixfella58 said:

I have a Witness Elite Match with the large frame that's had some work done to it by the previous owner such as Henning FO front site,  Canyon Creek trigger job and magwell, EGW match hammer & sear, etc.  It's a great Limited gun!  Here's a pic.

Tanfo-40.jpg

Where can I find those rubber grips?