Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Tanfo Shooters.......

MikieM

If you are new to Tanfoglio Stock II's, as I was, read on......but before you do allow me to give credit where credit is due to Memphis Mechanic, johnbu, and Joe Wilson of Patriot Defense for their wisdom, and assistance. Thanks guys.

I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and bought a new Tanfoglio Witness Stock II. As many of you know it's one of the more popular guns in USPSA Production, and has long been competitive both here and in IPSC abroad. The fit, and finish, is excellent and the way it feels in your hands is exceptional. The fly in the ointment, however, is the trigger. 

Knowing this I purchased the following items (all USPSA legal for Production): Titan hammer; BOLO disconnect: one-piece sear; reduced power sear spring; reduced power trigger return spring; 14 pound hammer spring, 8 pound recoil spring, extended firing pin, optical front sight, and aluminum grips.

Out of the box 5 trigger pulls averaged 8 pounds 5 ounces for DA, and 3 pounds 12 ounces for SA. I went to the range and put 50 rounds through it with no malfunctions.

A few days later I installed the above parts and 5 trigger pulls averaged 5 pounds 13 ounces DA, and 2 pounds 8 ounces SA. I went to the range with ammo using CCI and Winchester primers and was plagued with light strikes throughout 180 rounds. Along with that, however was a more serious problem which was the occasional failure of the gun to fire when in battery for SA. The gun would be cocked but nothing would happen when the trigger was pulled.

This morning I removed the trigger stop screw entirely, as well as a brass shock-buff I had installed earlier. In addition to this I readjusted my primer seating depth on my Dillon 1050 to where I was seating to about 5-6 thousandths below flush.

I went to the range with the newly adjusted gun and 200 rounds of newly adjusted ammo and had no problems what-so-ever. The gun (and ammo) was flawless. I shot fast, slow, DA, SA, all without a hiccup. Accuracy was excellent. A great day.

So, if you've been wanting one, get one. You won't regret it.

Also, check out Memphis Mechanic's Tanfo Bible. It's a wealth of good information and has a listing of all the Tanfoglio venders. 

Edited by MikieM

14 hours ago, MikieM said:

If you are new to Tanfoglio Stock II's, as I was, read on......but before you do allow me to give credit where credit is due to Memphis Mechanic, johnbu, and Joe Wilson of Patriot Defense for their wisdom, and assistance. Thanks guys.

I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and bought a new Tanfoglio Witness Stock II. As many of you know it's one of the more popular guns in USPSA Production, and has long been competitive both here and in IPSC abroad. The fit, and finish, is excellent and the way it feels in your hands is exceptional. The fly in the ointment, however, is the trigger. 

Knowing this I purchased the following items (all USPSA legal for Production): Titan hammer; BOLO disconnect: one-piece sear; reduced power sear spring; reduced power trigger return spring; 14 pound hammer spring, 8 pound recoil spring, extended firing pin, optical front sight, and aluminum grips.

Out of the box 5 trigger pulls averaged 8 pounds 5 ounces for DA, and 3 pounds 12 ounces for SA. I went to the range and put 50 rounds through it with no malfunctions.

A few days later I installed the above parts and 5 trigger pulls averaged 5 pounds 13 ounces DA, and 2 pounds 8 ounces SA. I went to the range with ammo using CCI and Winchester primers and was plagued with light strikes throughout 180 rounds. Along with that, however was a more serious problem which was the occasional failure of the gun to fire when in battery for SA. The gun would be cocked but nothing would happen when the trigger was pulled.

This morning I removed the trigger stop screw entirely, as well as a brass shock-buff I had installed earlier. In addition to this I readjusted my primer seating depth on my Dillon 1050 to where I was seating to about 5-6 thousandths below flush.

I went to the range with the newly adjusted gun and 200 rounds of newly adjusted ammo and had no problems what-so-ever. The gun (and ammo) was flawless. I shot fast, slow, DA, SA, all without a hiccup. Accuracy was excellent. A great day.

So, if you've been wanting one, get one. You won't regret it.

Also, check out Memphis Mechanic's Tanfo Bible. It's a wealth of good information and has a listing of all the Tanfoglio venders. 

no problem Sir! We appreciate the kind words!!!!

Gotta love one stop shopping! 

They would have it all, if they only had fancy grips .... oh wait!  they do.

8 hours ago, ARMAGEDON said:

And bought all the parts from Patriot Defense