Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Performance Center?

rootacres

Is the performance center ported model legal for production and carry optics when used without the ported barrel? Basically are the lightning cuts and the trigger over travel stop rendering this gun illegal to use in those divisions? Thanks in advance

Edited by rootacres

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

All ported models of approved guns are approved for use in Production and Carry Optics, as long as the barrel is not ported. SD9VE/SD40VE added 10/13/16 M&P9M2.0 added 01/20/2017 XD Mod 2 added 2/8/17

EDIT: I *think* you should be good to go. I'm not sure if there is a distinction between the regular CORE/Pro Series vs. the Performance Center Ported Version when used with a non-ported barrel.

For visual reference:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-mp-9l-pro-series-core

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-mp-9l-red-dot-sight

Edited by Rez805

Dang. I should strikethrough my old stuff instead of completely deleting it.

It's true that the Performance Center model isn't specifically listed in the approved list. They do have the CORE versions listed, but the links I listed above lead to two different products. I can see the conflict/confusion when it comes to the added statement regarding "ported models" of each gun.

Does the PC version count as the "Ported Model" of the CORE? Well, @thermobollocks brings up a good point. Along with some internal differences and a completely different product code, the external overtravel stop might cause one to argue "no".

Edited by Rez805

Guys ... It took me about 30 seconds to find the following on the PD approved list (referring to S+W):

All ported models of approved guns are approved for use in Production and Carry Optics, as long as the barrel is not ported.

It helps to read the entire entry ... This was at the end of the listing.

Guys ... It took me about 30 seconds to find the following on the PD approved list (referring to S+W):

All ported models of approved guns are approved for use in Production and Carry Optics, as long as the barrel is not ported.

Doesn't apply. It's a different model.

2 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

I read the entire entry, and I also read the side of the gun where one says "performance center" and another one doesn't.

5 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

It helps to read the entire entry ... This was at the end of the listing.

It certainly does.

image.thumb.png.bbaf33bb375f855d3ab61e280498a1cc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well the the CORE Performance Center model is the only ported version that S&W manufactures, see attached email from Troy:

Troy McManus [mactiger@eatel.net]

Yes, the list specifies that ported models can be used, provided the barrel was not ported, and the CORE handguns are on the list.  The performance center CORE models are approved.

Troy

On 2/1/2016 12:23 PM, Lamb, Kevin wrote:

Troy

I see the S&W production/ CO list was updated with

Does this cover the M&P  CORE performance center ported models as being USPSA production / CO legal, provided the ported barrel is replaced? I know I asked  S&W to certify them to you a few months ago just wondering if this good to go now as they (S&W) consider it a CORE.

Thanks,

Kevin L

FY24902

-- 
Troy McManus
Director, NROI

Edited by 2011BLDR