Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 should I spring for a CGW hammer?

TheChef1

Right now I have a S2 with some cajun goodies. I put in the 8.5 hammer spring with the ultra lit kit so far zero light strikes using ventura munitions remanufactured 124. Im very Impressed the DA at 4.5lbs and the SA is 2lbs if not a little less on the wheeler scale. I also installed the t3 disconnector and got the pre travel right where I want it. Ive done some minor polishing but will eventually go back though and make it shine although it really doesn't need it IMO. But the trigger definitely still has a little creep and doesn't really have that nice crisp "click" or glass rod break.  Should I spring for a CGW hammer and adjustable sear? 

Edited by TheChef1

I have a CGW sear and competition hammer in my TS.  It does crisp up the trigger pull, but there is still a minute amount of creep left.  I do not believe you can actually achieve a "glass rod breaking" trigger pull on a CZ, or any other gun with a hinged trigger.  If you are looking to compare it to a good 1911 trigger, you will be disappointed.

My TS trigger was fine as it came from the factory.  Yes, it did have some creep, and that creep was a little more than in all my buddies TSs.  My problem was mine kept getting more and more creep.  Cajun put in their sear and hammer and essentially turned it back into a factory trigger pull with a little less creep.  There was no magic.  If my hammer had not been defective from the factory (wearing unevenly) I would not have bothered.

Edited by zzt

22 hours ago, zzt said:

I have a CGW sear and competition hammer in my TS.  It does crisp up the trigger pull, but there is still a minute amount of creep left.  I do not believe you can actually achieve a "glass rod breaking" trigger pull on a CZ, or any other gun with a hinged trigger.  If you are looking to compare it to a good 1911 trigger, you will be disappointed.

My TS trigger was fine as it came from the factory.  Yes, it did have some creep, and that creep was a little more than in all my buddies TSs.  My problem was mine kept getting more and more creep.  Cajun put in their sear and hammer and essentially turned it back into a factory trigger pull with a little less creep.  There was no magic.  If my hammer had not been defective from the factory (wearing unevenly) I would not have bothered.

Definitely not looking to mimic a 1911 just trying to make it as good as possible.

21 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

zzt, you might want to check out the sear cage - hammer retaining pin mod! Great reviews of it over on CZ-F and claims that it really makes the trigger pull much crisper.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85892.0

Thats interesting I may have to give that a shot. 

Just now, TheChef1 said:

Definitely not looking to mimic a 1911 just trying to make it as good as possible.

Thats interesting I may have to give that a shot. 

I'll be doing it probably next week so I can let you know how it improves the trigger pull. Right now my S2 has a very smooth pull with no wall (~2.75 lb trigger pull).

Just now, SlvrDragon50 said:

I'll be doing it probably next week so I can let you know how it improves the trigger pull. Right now my S2 has a very smooth pull with no wall (~2.75 lb trigger pull).

Cool I'm interested in the result. It would be great to save 100 plus on a hammer. Where did you get the rod?

You still need the hammer. A lot of the creep is going to be based off the hammer hooks. This will only remove creep due to the sear cage moving which you can see by movement in the safety lever as the trigger is pulled.

The rod is from Amazon as Scarlett Pistol linked in the thread.

2 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

You still need the hammer. A lot of the creep is going to be based off the hammer hooks. This will only remove creep due to the sear cage moving which you can see by movement in the safety lever as the trigger is pulled.

The rod is from Amazon as Scarlett Pistol linked in the thread.

Well I guess no saving money for me.