Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS .40 factory trigger?

aandabooks

14 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

Right out of the box?  No work needed?

Yes, all my TS triggers have been right around 2lbs right out of the box.  The stock hammer leaves a tiny bit of creep, this is my favorite race hammer and makes it very crisp:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/40108_concealed-hammer-sa-only

With a polish job you can get it under 1 1/2lb

I dry fired a TS orange after the match today and the trigger is pretty damn nice. Actually thats an understatement its great but as with any CZ I'm sure some new springs polishing and maybe a new CJW or CZC hammer and it will be better.

I bought my TS several years ago and it has tens of thousands of rounds through it.  My trigger was great right out of the box, but it did have a little creep.  That creep got a little worse with wear and it started to bother me.  I sent it down to CGW to have their $100 polish and change out a feww parts.  He was supposed to do a $30 hammer cut to remove the creep.  As it turned out, the CZ hammer was defective from the factory and had worn unevenly, so it had to be replaced.  I got it back and it is just like a factory pull now, but without the creep.

I have 3 buddies with TS guns in 9 and 40.  They have had theirs longer than I have, and their triggers are just like new factory.

If you like the TS get one.  It is really ready to run right out of the box.  I had zero issues with mine, except for the creep.  

I put a race hammer in mine and it improved the trigger slightly in removing the slight amount of creep with the factory hammer.  It's probably not necessary unless you are a complete trigger snob.

On 5/14/2017 at 9:40 PM, kneelingatlas said:

Yes, all my TS triggers have been right around 2lbs right out of the box.  The stock hammer leaves a tiny bit of creep, this is my favorite race hammer and makes it very crisp:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/40108_concealed-hammer-sa-only

With a polish job you can get it under 1 1/2lb

Im fairly new to the polishing and replacing of parts.  Can you elaborate on where you would polish and or fit for that hammer?  I really like the look of it.

Al magwell $80. Adj sights $50 extra. Thumb rest $35 plus $25 drill & tap.  Thin Al grips $85.  Add that to a TS and you essentially have an Orange.  The Orange does have a "mini" grip reduction compared to the TS.

The tolerances are so loose on TS parts that every barrel, slide and frame are hand fitted.  The assembler goes through  bins of parts and assembles slide frame and barrel components that fit together.  That is not the "hand fitting" that most assume, where a gunsmith laboriously hones and fits parts to exacting tolerances. 

+1 base pad useless in 40.  While necessary in 9mm; no big deal.  It is still 20 rounds.

I messed with mine and failed.  Much easier was installing a CGW race hammer and adjustable sear.  I'm in love with this trigger and this gun. Zero problems.  The stock trigger is better than just about anything is stock, but you CAN make it better

1 hour ago, zzt said:

The tolerances are so loose on TS parts that every barrel, slide and frame are hand fitted.  The assembler goes through  bins of parts and assembles slide frame and barrel components that fit together.  That is not the "hand fitting" that most assume, where a gunsmith laboriously hones and fits parts to exacting tolerances. 

+1 base pad useless in 40.  While necessary in 9mm; no big deal.  It is still 20 rounds.

I think he meant over-sized slide to frame hand fitting (like what CZC does to their CTS model).  I know my stock TS cannot do this like my TSO - less than an inch of slide into the frame holds the slide in place.  Based on the tighter lockup I've experienced with the TSO barrel, I believe the TSO barrel is hand fitting to each slide too (not that it takes much to do that in the CZ design) but the bushing may be from a "box" of TS bushings.

BvtTHN1.jpg

IT, every TS I've played with had a really good slide to frame fit.  Barrel lockup was superb.  If you take the four TS guns that 2 friends and I have between us and try each other's slides on the frames, you see the difference.  Some won't go on at all, at least without applying more pressure than prudent, and some go on loose.  My TS is like your TSO.  You can start the slide on the frame and hold it vertically, but it will not "fall" on, even if you wiggle the gun.  You have to push it on.  It's easier now that there are 20,000 rounds through the gun, but not by a lot.

So I would not call these guns hand fit.  I'd call them hand selected.  Look at the areas that mate and lockup.  If there are machining marks, especially on the flats where the barrel contacts the frame, it's hand selected from bins of parts.  If everything looks honed and is smooth as a baby's bottom, it is probably hand fit.

7 hours ago, zzt said:

I've seen several TS's. The TSO is much more honed, precise and tight. +1 pads are needed with magwell to seat mag's easier and with more secure.

okay.  I'll take a harder look at the new TSO at the club.  I must say I was not impressed for the price delta over a straight TS.

I know you need the +1 to seat the mag.  My point was it doesn't give you enough capacity in 40, and you are still 3 light in 9mm.  20 in 40 is the play for Limited.

Edited by zzt

My TSO felt hand lapped frame/slide. Super tight. All relevant internals and barrel highly polished. The frame is way nicer than a TS. Cut checkering rather than cast in nubs. 

Gun came much much nicer than I ever expected, and I expected a lot.

Nothing wrong with the regular TS, it's an awesome gun and a great value. 

Comparing the slide fit between the original TS (I have one in niner and one in forty) and the CzechMate, the CM's slide fit is a lot smoother. That said, all three guns have wonderful triggers!

I measured the trigger in my TS this evening.  Consistantly between 1.6-1.7 lbs. over 5 pulls.  Got the Springer basepads on and 20 is easy and 21 possible but seems to swell the mags a little and makes pushing the mag in tough.  Might have to wait for the spring to relax a little.

I haven't actually shot the gun yet but so far I'm happy.  Have a set of Scales 2.0 grips, SS guide rod, FO front site and a couple different recoil springs on the way.  Hope to get out to shoot it by the weekend.

The 13lb spring works best for 172PF loads.  It also works for 140PF, but the brass doesn't eject as far.  BTW, do not use the recoil buffers that came with the gun.