Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics dying out?

Broncman

1 minute ago, Broncman said:

I really hope it picks back up at Knoxville. I really like CO. I run an XDM 5.25 with Vortex on Springer mount, Springer trigger, and Dawson tool less base pads. This thing is so fun to shoot.

If CO does die, I will throw on a KKM barrel , a comp , a magwell and go Open.

that's what they want anyways.....

the bench

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in as one of the ones that plans to give CO a try. Will be using my original Production 5" M&P for now. If I get serious about the divison I will have my SP-01 Shadow slide milled for CO. 

Edited by hlpressley

I really hope it picks back up at Knoxville. I really like CO. I run an XDM 5.25 with Vortex on Springer mount, Springer trigger, and Dawson tool less base pads. This thing is so fun to shoot.

If CO does die, I will throw on a KKM barrel , a comp , a magwell and go Open.

My optic came in yesterday, I'll be giving it a try sometime soon at ORSA. 5.25, springer mount, Venom 6 moa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've shot CO a handful of times with a CZ P09 and Springer dovetail mounted Burris FF3.  I enjoyed it more than expected!  

The red dot feels like cheating.  Shot some very tight shots I wouldn't have attempted before.  My alpha hit ratio jumped and shooting minor points became more of a game to keep pace with limited major guys.

Sent a slide to get milled - I'm sold on it that much.  It's such a great tool to teach new shooters.  It'll be there for me when my eyes can't focus on the front sight anymore.

Edited by IronicTwitch

11 hours ago, IronArcher said:

I haven't officially shot as a CO shooter, but it is all I plan to shoot this year.

Tanfo Lim Pro

Vortex Venom w/Primary Machine mount.

Taylor Freelance mag extension

I tried this exact set up. I'm used to an 8moa dot in my open guns, and the 3moa in the Venom was SO tiny. I pulled the 1st gen. Delta Point off my Saiga and put it on the LimPro. So far, I like it much better. I'm seeing Vortex Vipers on sale for $179, w/ the 6moa dot. I may try one of those.

This is for a local Level 1 this weekend. Decent numbers for no longer than it has actually been a division. I suspect this number to continue to rise. If I actually get to go that number will go to 11! 

IMG_0031.PNG

Last night was my second time shooting CO at a club match.  I can't believe how much I love CO.  I'm shooting a 5" M&P with a fastfire 3 8moa.  I figured I'd be spending my summer hating life until I got used to shooting a dot.  Boy was I wrong.   

Looks like I'll be the only one shooting CO at ORSA this weekend.  Using a Glock 17 with a Deltapoint Pro 2.5moa.  We'll see how it goes.  Been shooting limited for the past several months.  Not sure I still remember how to shoot minor. :D