Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rainer bullets or?

JPetrowski

It's been awhile since I have been able to shoot but I am getting geared back up. I used to use Berry's & bayou 147gr with either TG or N320. I already have plenty of powder but am looking to stock up on bullets. Does anyone have any experience with the Rainer 147 plated hollow points? Or Would I be better of with bayou or BBI? 

I love Rainier bullets.  They are superior to all the other copper plated bullets I've tried.  

I have tried both Bayou and BBI bullets, plus Acme, Better Bullets, and other poly coated bullets.  The very best I've tried are the Precision poly coated.  They are extremely accurate and they don't stink when you shoot them.  Their only disadvantage is they cannot be fired in a compensated gun, because the coating gets flame cut and leads up the comp.  For uncompensated barrels, they are my poly coated bullet of choice.

Rainier have been great. You can shoot any 9mm and .38 that Rainier makes at major velocities without any issues.  Other plated Bullet companies recommend you use a bullet they have made for major velocities and they cost more but all of Rainiers open Gun rounds are fine @ 1500fps +. I know this because i have tested every style Rainier makes at over 1500fps.Good luck 

Edited by a matt