Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could use a 6th station for a Lockout die!

On 5/15/2017 at 11:10 AM, ShootEm said:

On occasion, I've noticed that the powder drop bushing gets untwisted, and when that happens, the stroke of the press merely pushes the die up and doesn't fully activate the powder drop.  

I took a hair tie from my woman and wrapped it around the cam wire bracket and the lower spring post of the powder measure. Put in on there 5 years ago and havent had a problem since. 

You have the ONLY progressive press that puts the charged case under your NOSE for ease of inspection, but you decided that you needed a bullet feeder so you can't look in the case.

You could put a camera looking down into the charged case before the bullet gets placed on it. Is there a bluetooth camera that could feed live pictures from station 3 to your computer/smart phone?

Personally, I wouldn't think a bullet feeder is necessarily a great idea for a new reloader and the idea of putting speed before safety, as so many do, scares me.

13 hours ago, NicoR said:

With two of my friends, we've loaded over 50.000 rounds of 9mm using .356 and even .357 plated bullets with Hornady's Seat + Crimp dies. We've never had a single problem!

I actually tried that recently.   I was getting a ring around the nose of my Berry's bullets after the seating/crimping.   I've read on forums that that's a cosmetic issue only, but it sure doesn't look right when I'm used to not seeing it.

7 hours ago, noylj said:

You have the ONLY progressive press that puts the charged case under your NOSE for ease of inspection, but you decided that you needed a bullet feeder so you can't look in the case.

You could put a camera looking down into the charged case before the bullet gets placed on it. Is there a bluetooth camera that could feed live pictures from station 3 to your computer/smart phone?

Personally, I wouldn't think a bullet feeder is necessarily a great idea for a new reloader and the idea of putting speed before safety, as so many do, scares me.

I'm going to try Inline Fabrication's lighting system to get a better view inside the charged case.

I haven't gotten my bullet feeder to work reliably anyway, so that's another reason to remove it from the system.   It sure does move things along when it works though.