Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting problem with my PCC yesterday....

So I assembled and sighted in my PCC maybe 30 min before a match yesterday. Here's a list of the important stuff. 

QC10 Lower 

Rise RA-140 Trigger w KNS Pins

Taccom ULW Buffer system 

CMT Upper

CMMG Bolt

Faxxon 10.5" barrel 

So the first two stages of the match the gun ran flawlessly. Very soft shooting (Reman 115gr Freedom ammo). Before the 3rd stage I switched the ULW Taccom buffer for a standard carbine buffer just to see how it would run. 

6th shot out of the rifle did not reset the trigger. 9-10th shot nose dived into the feed ramps and pushed the bullet pretty far back into the case. Then it ran good the rest of the stage. Now, when I had the 4.5" upper with a suppressor on the gun it would occasionally nose dive a round like this (Running a LWRCI Ultra Compact Stock with Slash Heavy buffer). 

So, do you guys think the problem has to do with the buffer system. Or is it all coincidence?

Wow.   :wacko:

I'd NEVER switch anything, if the gun was operating properly, in the middle of a match ....

It sures looks like its the buffer - very easy to check - go back to the range on your

own time and play with it in and out.

But, I wouldn't do that during a match ....    :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I should never switch anything out during a match, but it was a small local match that we usually just do for fun anyways. 

A little update. Yesterday I took the gun out and ran some rounds through it with both the light buffer and the heavier buffer. Both ran flawlessly. Only difference was the heavier buffer had a little lighter perceived recoil. 

Maybe it was all a fluke.....

What mags and springs were you using when you had the malfunction? I had similar issues while experimenting bolt travel,  buffers, springs and bolts. Once I found the setup that shot to my liking I had to match my mag springs to the timing.