Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Indexing. The Last Hurdle

I have a Super 1050 (factory) that has a Mak 7 LTE autodrive. I have it running at 1500rpm and it's running on the edge, but not giving me any problems. With the 1800rpm button constant taunting me I am looking for some ways to smooth out the indexing a little.   The only problem I currently have running at the 1800 setting is the bullet toppling when the shell plate stops. 

So I am thinking about getting a new shell plate or a bearing kit.  And I am definitely going to try out the plastic ball.  From what I have heard you shouldn't use the aftermarket shell plate and the bearing kit at the same time?  What are your experiences with these two products?   Or open to other ideas.  I just feel I am maxed out with the factory set up.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, mach1soldier said:

Have you tried a zip tie? 

Oversize brass pins? 

I did both both of these and it helped more then the bearing upgrade did. 

Also the shorter the bullets for the caliber, the better. 

Just looked the zip tie trick up. Going to try it. Thanks!  Never heard of that before.  It will be funny if a 1 cent part can smooth out a $3000 machine. ? 

From what I have heard you shouldn't use the aftermarket shell plate and the bearing kit at the same time?

Curious... why? Have folks been having problems running that setup?

Thanks,

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, tkheard said:

My "foo" is apparently not working and I can't see a zip tie in the picture. A little help?

Step 1: turn the brightness all the way up on your screen.

2: Look at the edge of the press between the two bright blue tabs. It keeps cases pushed into their slots as they slide from one station to the next.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I run 2 zip ties, one between the 1st and 2nd station, sizer and swager, (swaging rod doesn't hit the case mouth on 223 or 308 anymore).

And between the powder and seat die to eliminate powder slinging.

It keeps the case fully seated in the shell plate so the case doesn't rock around, and it smooths the advance.

Win-win!

jj

On 5/14/2017 at 3:59 PM, NicoR said:

www.reloadinginnovations.com

I still have to try their products, but they certainly look good... please let me know how it goes if you try them!

I already use the zip tie mod and it works.

I have their Starlight and the Spill Stop.  The Starlight is awesome.  The Spill Stop eliminates case wobble and so far I have not had any bullets topple.  Loading 9mm Minor at 2600-2800 CPH on my 1050 with Ammo Bot.  Also key to eliminating the bullet topple is getting the MBR PTX set correctly, and a spring or rubber band to add a little down pressure.  If loading 9mm, make sure the bearings on the MBF is on the upper set of holes.

I have their Starlight and the Spill Stop.  The Starlight is awesome.  The Spill Stop eliminates case wobble and so far I have not had any bullets topple.  Loading 9mm Minor at 2600-2800 CPH on my 1050 with Ammo Bot.  Also key to eliminating the bullet topple is getting the MBR PTX set correctly, and a spring or rubber band to add a little down pressure.  If loading 9mm, make sure the bearings on the MBF is on the upper set of holes.

Good to hear! I think I'll get my hands on some of their products pretty soon.

Regarding the MBF PTX, I don't like it! I use Dillon's OEM powder funnel to slightly bell the case and a Redding Expander in station 2.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 9:58 AM, NicoR said:

Regarding the MBF PTX, I don't like it! I use Dillon's OEM powder funnel to slightly bell the case and a Redding Expander in station 2.

Interesting.  So I assume you process your brass first.  You dont have decapping die, just in case?

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2017 at 8:52 AM, GregJ said:

I just ordered the Starlight, and was looking at some of their other products also.  I almost bought the case feed stop, but went with the Inline Fab version instead.

Interesting.  So I assume you process your brass first.  You dont have decapping die, just in case?

I don't process my brass. Y just replace Dillon's OEM Swage Backup Rod with the Redding expander. It is actually station 3 if I am not mistaken.

I just ordered the Starlight, and was looking at some of their other products also.  I almost bought the case feed stop, but went with the Inline Fab version instead.

Are you liking it?

18 minutes ago, NicoR said:

Are you liking it?

Just ordered it from IF, so hasn't arrived yet.  Reloading Innovations has a plastic one that is a bit less costly and that probably would work fine as well, but the IF one is metal and is attached, so is always there vs a clamp on style that might get misplaced, etc. 

Also have a few parts in my cart from L10... Thinking about trying the guide rod and index roller.  I pull the handle when loading, but go auto when just processing/trimming brass, so figured these would be good additions.

Edited by 78Staff

Just ordered it from IF, so hasn't arrived yet.  Also have a few parts in my cart from L10... Thinking about trying the guide rod and index roller.  I pull the handle when loading, but go auto when just processing/trimming brass, so figured these would be good additions.

I have both and really like them. I now want the primer hold-down.

12 minutes ago, NicoR said:

I have both and really like them. I now want the primer hold-down.

I saw that..  spendy.  I have the Everglades version which works fine on 45 but it is static, so brass case web variations aren't accounted for like the L10 version with the spring.  So I guess it's probably worth it, as I'm not sure how effective the Everglades one is on mixed brass to be honest.

Edited by 78Staff

I saw that..  spendy.  I have the Everglades version which works fine on 45 but it is static, so brass case web variations aren't accounted for like the L10 version with the spring.  So I guess it's probably worth it, as I'm not sure how effective the Everglades one is on mixed brass to be honest.

I bought the Everglades one too but I never installed it because of that... I load crappy mixed brass and it is useless.

Are you liking it?

It might very well be the best product In-Line Fabrication has made to date.

I've always used a dummy 9mm round jammed in the slot for the case shuttle in the past. I purchased one of the Reloading Innovation clips. I really like their lights, but I see the clip getting lost.

With the In-Line lock, you can just flick it in place with your thumb and Bob's your uncle.

Pretty slick piece of kit.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might very well be the best product In-Line Fabrication has made to date.

I consider InLine Fabrication's products top notch... so it must be quite a product! It should match very well with my Entirely Crimson aluminum Casefeed Adapter Housing.