Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 open hammer not falling when the slide is on

I fit an infinity trigger into my CK arms open pistol.  With the slide off it works perfect.  Nice loose trigger, no touch points. Hammer falls everytime and everything is great.

The issue is when I put the slide back on.  Once you rack the slide the hammer won't fall and you have manually release the sear.  

Is this a dimensional difference in the trigger bow from a CK arms to an infinity?  Or is this a situation where I need to remove a little material from the tip of the disconnector to make sure it is as free as possible?  Any suggestions would be great.

Edited by Harleyhater
Title adjustment

Disconnector sounds like a great place to start but i wouldn't first take material off the top, first i'd try to polish the critical surfaces as well as the hole/track in which it passes. 

disconnector.jpg

images

If that doesn't do it also check the requisite height, i had a pistol recently that had a somewhat elongated flat surface that abuts the trigger stirrup, a minute with a file rectified the problem.

Don't forget to safety check after each maneuver.

Edited by wanttolearn

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure the disconnector pads are not slipping below the sear feet and hanging the disconnector from upward movement. If this is the case the disconnector nose that contacts the slide needs to be shortened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

All the brand triggers are a bit different in dimensions. The vario triggers are usually larger than most in bow height and shoe size. So adjustment and "tweaks" are more labor intensive on the vario. But vario trigger bows are better material and flex a lot less and make things more crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put some Dychem (or Sharpie) on all the contact surfaces. Then operate the pistol in the "failing" mode. This should indicate where the binding is occurring. Don't remove metal until you determine where it's binding. (it's hard to put back on once removed). Good luck.