Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 case feeder hi vs low speed

I always wondered why the on/off reed switch was so close to the top of the feeder tube. At my normal (casual) loading speed it only allows one, sometimes two, cases to drop before it shuts off. Wouldn't it be more efficient if it could drop, say, 6 or 7 cases? I guess it just bothers me that the motor is constantly turning on/off, on/off.

I think I saw mention of a wiring diagram with an electronic gizmo that allowed you to put in an adjustable delay when the on position was selected.

Any ideas, suggestions, opinions?

Howard

I always wondered why the on/off reed switch was so close to the top of the feeder tube. At my normal (casual) loading speed it only allows one, sometimes two, cases to drop before it shuts off. Wouldn't it be more efficient if it could drop, say, 6 or 7 cases? I guess it just bothers me that the motor is constantly turning on/off, on/off.
I think I saw mention of a wiring diagram with an electronic gizmo that allowed you to put in an adjustable delay when the on position was selected.
Any ideas, suggestions, opinions?

Howard

Because having it at the bottom of the tube wouldn't allow it to stop in the event of a jam in the funnel. It also means a higher chance of running dry if ran on low speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk