Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large rifle primers not seating

kasen

I'm attempting to reload 308 Win and having a problem seating CCI 200 large rifle primers on my Dillon 550. I bought the Sinclair Primer Pocket Uniformer hoping this would fix the problem. Unfortunately, as pictured, the primers are still not seating to the correct depth. Any ideas what's going wrong here?

thumbnail_IMG_1008.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1012.jpg

A few things for you to check; First be sure the two small bolts that secure the roller bracket assembly to the underside of the platform are tight. If the lefthand bolt backs out much, it contacts the top of the primer slide, and acts as a mechanical stop. Next, when you push the handle forward, it should not contact anything. The loaded cartridge chute/ bracket can interfere if not mounted correctly. Be sure the number that identifies the shellplate is visible on the top of the shellplate. People do install shellplates upside down.  Push down on the edge of the shellplate between stations 2 and 3. If it feels springy, then the shellplate bolt needs to be tighter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 9:36 PM, kasen said:

I'm attempting to reload 308 Win and having a problem seating CCI 200 large rifle primers on my Dillon 550. I bought the Sinclair Primer Pocket Uniformer hoping this would fix the problem. Unfortunately, as pictured, the primers are still not seating to the correct depth. Any ideas what's going wrong here?

thumbnail_IMG_1008.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1012.jpg

To me it's because you don't have a primer in the one on the left.  LOL!  :roflol: :P  Just my thoughts anyway.  LOL  B)