Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Details of STI Factory Parts?

JimmyBob

I have an STI Spartan V 9, need the specs on two parts and wondering if someone already replaced theirs and knows, didn't come up in a search.

What is the diameter of the fiber rod in the factory front sight?

What are the dimensions of the screw that holds the STI magwell onto the STI magwell MSH?

Parts numbers might be helpful as well in case anyone here is an STI parts dealer.  Obviously need to source both, the folks at STI did not respond when I tried asking them.

I'm sure they receive hundreds of emails a day. It might take them a while to get to your  email. I have always just called them whenever I needed anything. Good luck!

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, JimmyBob said:

I have an STI Spartan V 9, need the specs on two parts and wondering if someone already replaced theirs and knows, didn't come up in a search.

What is the diameter of the fiber rod in the factory front sight?

What are the dimensions of the screw that holds the STI magwell onto the STI magwell MSH?

Parts numbers might be helpful as well in case anyone here is an STI parts dealer.  Obviously need to source both, the folks at STI did not respond when I tried asking them.

Did you send them an email or call? Every time I've called I've been able to speak to a person and get my questions answered.... Just a thought.

Fiber is likely .040 or .060. I think .060 is more common until you get into the "microdot", skinny front blade sights.

You could figure out the screw question by taking the MSH to a hardware store and testing various thread pitches until you find the right one.