Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The No-Shoots Target

cody2003

I have watched a IPSC competition recently, and i found a problem about the No-shoots target.

I wanna ask what is the maximum cover area of the no-shoot target over the "hit" target

As in the game, i saw the no-shoot target cover over 9/10 of the target

the alpha area are barely shown, the delta area are even not shown, is it normal?

if not, can anyone tell me what is the minimum area of the target should be shown?

3 minutes ago, cody2003 said:

thx

but where do you find the appendix b2?

i have checked the rule book, it does have a appendix B2, but it only consists of the target image with detail size, i cannot find any sentences mentioned about the 25%

https://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgun.pdf

or the rule book i have found is some kind of short edition?

facedown was referring to the USPSA rule book.  I don't have any firsthand IPSC experience but their rule book says: "4.2.4 Hard cover (and overlapping no-shoots) must not completely hide the A zone on a partially hidden paper target." So it looks like a little bit of the A zone is enough.

7 minutes ago, bdpaz said:

facedown was referring to the USPSA rule book.  I don't have any firsthand IPSC experience but their rule book says: "4.2.4 Hard cover (and overlapping no-shoots) must not completely hide the A zone on a partially hidden paper target." So it looks like a little bit of the A zone is enough.

oic, just thought USPSA is basically same to IPSC, seems there is still some differences

btw, thx man

i have noticed the 4.2.4 too, but just think it is too blurred

this rule means the organizer can just leave a tiny area which can only pass through by a bb barely in A zone, and it is still compliant

IPSC Rules only state that some portion of the A-Zone must be available either before or after activation of the target.  USPSA Rules impose a 25% minimum requirement.

Yes ... There ARE differences between the two sets of rules in several areas.

USPSA RM

IROA CRO