Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Processing for 300 Blackout on Dillon 650

af220wa

I have about 15 gal. of .223/5.56 brass that I will be processing to 300 Blackout.  Just wanted to walk through the process to make sure I have thought of everything.

Equipment:  Dillon 1500 Case Trimmer with required short tool head and trimmer/sizer die for 300 Blackout.

Case Prep

• I have a small rifle case feeder wheel for the .223 brass to feed the .223/5.56 decapping/sizing die
  • Next to the Uniquetec swaging station (replace primer seating with swager)
  • Finally to the case trimmer / resizer

Once deprimed and resized on to the cleaner, I was going to use a wet tumbler with SS pins to get the primer pockets but have found that is more trouble than it's worth.  May just use vibrator with corn husk.  Any advise?

Reloading Setup

• I'm told that a small pistol case feeder wheel works with a spacer washer to raise it up.  Any idea how much space is needed?
  • Recommendations on dies.  I typically use Lee and Redding for pistol however this will be the first rifle loads on the press so not sure what is best.

I just started this as well. Pretty much the same as youre doing except I have the titan trimmer/router motor setup. I too, found the SS pins are more trouble than they're worth. They tend to stick in the mouth of the 300 brass. I am using Lee dies. An M die for case mouth belling, but I have found that the AK powder funnel for closes the bell. Going to try the "C" carbine funnel. Using 220 Gr Leatherhead coated projectiles.

I'm using the large pistol plate with the spacer washer to feed the 300 cases. Works pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk