Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3G BCG recommendation

nikdanja

Im very slowly putting together a 3G rifle and was wondering what BCGs are guys running.  Ive seen really expensive ones for $450+ and was wondering if its really worth spending all that money.  Also would buying a light weight BCG force me to buy a crazy expensive bolt also or can I get away with a regular bolt that head spaces? 

Also what are you guys running as far as buffer systems? 

All .223 caliber.

Edited by nikdanja

The JP bolt is the most popular one I see. Honestly, I have a Midwest industries bolt which cost me $135 and it runs great. I reload and have no issues through 3k rounds. The trigger is where you SHOULD splurge!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You can't go wrong with JP, yes it's worth it.  I just picked up a titanium Rubber City BCC that looks fantastic, but will reserve recommending until I actually get to shoot it.  As far as springs and buffers go the JP SCS is great.  I've also run the TTI light spring with a gutted buffer that performed well.  

Don't forget the adjustable gas block to tune the entire system.

Edited by CharlieD

I have a Iron City Rifle Works Evo G2 BCG and really like it, I went for the Nickel Boron one. I run the Taccom spring and buffer kit. Have had 100% function with it and its very flat shooting. Also have a JP adjustable gas block which is a must have.

Whiskey Arms lightweight aluminum carrier. Very affordable, light, and durable. Use with typical bolt. Standard carbine buffer with TTI buffer spring or regular buffer spring works nicely, same with JP SCS with stock spring and standard weights.

Possible to go lighter buffer setup for some people I've seen, but an ULW buffer was too far in my rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk