Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the 320 RX full size factory recoil spring weight?

Edge40

Anybody know what the factory spring weight is. I put in a gray guns guide rod with a 15 lb spring and I think I want to go heavier. I like the feel the factory spring provides better than the 15lb set up. Thanks. 

Edited by Edge40

I have been told that 15lb 1911 spring is equal to the factory spring but I have personally not tested both to be for sure. I am running a 14lb in my P320 (9mm) for my reloads (135gr, 3.2 prima v). I am considering dropping to a 13lb. I have tried up to 16lb and so far prefer the 14.  

Edited by Sig0431

2 hours ago, Sig0431 said:

I have been told that 15lb 1911 spring is equal to the factory spring but I have personally not tested both to be for sure. I am running a 14lb in my P320 (9mm) for my reloads (135gr, 3.2 prima v). I am considering dropping to a 13lb. I have tried up to 16lb and so far prefer the 14.  

I shot them side by side with the exact same loads and there is definitely a difference. The 15 lb spring felt way snappier. Didn't like it nearly as much. 

5 hours ago, Sig0431 said:

I thought the same about the 15# wolff spring, moving to the 14 was a big difference.

That's interesting. I thought the 15 was snappier than the factory spring and was thinking it was because it was lighter.  I didn't like how snappy it felt. 

• 3 weeks later...