Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need recommendation for Phoenix-area gunsmith familiar w/ Dawson sights & PPQs

azn00b

Hello everyone. First post here. I've been perusing the reloading forums for the last couple months (which are awesome). Now I need some help.

I've got a PPQ M1, and recently ordered a Dawson Charger sight set (front & rear). The wife wanted to surprise me by having my sights installed for me (where the handgun was purchased), but I think they botched the job. I say "think" because I don't know how much resistance there should be when trying to drift the rear sight. But I'm pretty sure something's wrong. There's a gap under the base of the rear sight, the base looks like it could be very slightly buckled, the tip of the drift tool provided is all jacked up, and with the set screw completely loosened, there's nothing I can do to get the thing to move myself (I was trying to drift it for windage yesterday as my handloads were printing 1" left... it was impossible).

The angled slide of the PPQ made securing it in a vice difficult, and maybe that's the entire issue, but I think I had it secured enough. But... I don't know.

Can anyone recommend me a good gunsmith in the Phoenix area that can get my sight installed properly (or even get this one to budge)?

Extra bonus if they can set up my sights to hit POA with my (supplied) reloads.

Edited by azn00b