Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from St. Charles, Illinois

twb

Greetings!!

My wife and I are avid pistol shooters (shotgun as well).  I have found the forum very useful as I have started loading metallic last year.

We don't compete, but we do have our own steel plate targets (from Arntzen in Rockford) as well as an assortment of paper target holders.

We shoot pistol at St. Charles Sportsmans club and at Tri-County Gun Club in Polo.

We have an assortment of Springfield Range Officer 1911's as well as a couple of Berettas.

I do a lot of ballistic testing on my reloads and have recently gone from Montana Gold bullets to polymer coated bullets.  

I am always happy to share my chrono data with those who are interested.

Welcome from you neighbor across the river in IL. 

Im actually thinking about shooting a uspsa match at the benchrest club up by you in a month or so. 

Glad to have you around. 

Got any chrono data on titegroup and 124 gr bullets?

Thank you for the welcome, Jack.

I initially switched to the polymer out of curiosity.  I was pleased with the results and the price difference.  I have used both blue bullets and Eggleston bullets.

Currently, I am loading 125 gr Blue Bullets in 9mm using CFE-Pistol.  In 45 acp, I am loading both Blue Bullets 200 gr SWC and Eggleston 200 gr RN with HP-38.

For making holes in paper and shooting steel targets, the polymer coated bullets more than meet my needs.

I still have very high regard for MG products (still have a few cases of 9mm and 45 acp MG bullets).  The consistency of their product is excellent.

Thanks for the welcome calebj06.  

I have not done any loading with titegroup.  The powders that I have tried are: Bullseye, 700X, BE-86, CFE-Pistol and HP-38.

I will ask around at the club to see if someone else has some Titegroup data that I can share.

Welcome from Kentucky!  Enjoy the ride!  

Like Mr. Jack said, we would always appreciate the data in the Loading forum. :)  I don't even shoot 9mm that often, but I would still appreciate it because you never know when you might go and load 9mm. :) 

Thank you to all for the warm welcome.

I have a couple requests to share some chrono data.  Being new to the forum, I am not sure if I should share it by means of this reply or if there is a better place to share it.

Any and all advice is welcome.

14 hours ago, twb said:

Thank you to all for the warm welcome.

I have a couple requests to share some chrono data.  Being new to the forum, I am not sure if I should share it by means of this reply or if there is a better place to share it.

Any and all advice is welcome.

There is a reloading section on the forums that is super helpful.  Feel free to post it down there for all to see.

If you're wanting to try out some other coated bullets, take a look at SNS casting.  They're a small town IL company that is very active in and supportive of the competitive shooting community.  Not to mention they are great people to deal with!

Welcome to the forums!