Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster hole pattern question

Garmil

I bought an lag supernova holster for my Tp9sfx. Ordered it with the Tek lok hole pattern.  This is what I got..

Ive always seen s tek lok pattern done in a triangle.  This a normal thing?

IMG_2547.JPG

Edited by Garmil

I'm using a hanger set up for the triangle so it doesn't work for me. I figured it would work fine just 3 vertically which is maybe what they set it up for, Or I just got the wrong thing.   I'll measure I dont think I have a normal tek lok around.

9 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

It will bolt up but I bet it twists since you won't be running the triangle.  

Maybe to a normal tek lok but not my hanger it's countersunk for the triangle threaded in the vertical holes for mounting to the large plate.

IMG_2549.JPG

The vertical holes up the middle are .500" apart.. You should be able to use the top and bottom champhered holes at 3" apart and the use 2 of the middle holes for the mounting to the belt plate.  That will spread the stress over the length of the holster and give the best rigidity.

BTW the aluminum hanger is one that I make.

Yeah I guess that would be a way around it.  Just wouldn't have any adjustment taking away the bottom mounting hole.

ah ok u sell them on eBay?

I meant the angle using the slot not vertically.  

using the lower 2 champhered holes don't quite line up.  The top 2 do but that doesn't seem overly secure.

found some better hardware and it feels alright now.

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

Edited by Garmil

You're using one more screw than you need.  The one that you have running through the rotation slot is only used if you want to cant the holster.  Most people run either the top two where they want them for a straight drop or one of the two top ones and move the spacer to the rotation slot to run a cant.  

I include all three screws for both options and the reason for the aluminum spacers is so they don't crush down when using the rotation slot.

Won't hurt but not necessary.. You still have several inches of drop you could get.  Not sure on your division with the Canik so not sure on your drop legality.

Edited by aandabooks