Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

+10% Wolff mag springs

optimator

I received my +10% Wolff springs and TTI +4 mag extensions for my SP-01 today. This are supposed to be going into Mec Gar 17 round AFC mags. After what looked and felt like 5 rounds in the octagon, I got one together. It only holds 15 rounds now. These springs are almost twice as long and a lot thicker than the stock springs. There is just no room for them to compress. Have any of you had to cut coils off of them to make them work?

Edited by optimator

8 hours ago, optimator said:

Makes sense, thanks man.

NP, you can trim the springs you have and you might have to sand on the follower a tiny bit to get the follower past the transition in to the basepad

1 hour ago, RigPig said:

NP, you can trim the springs you have and you might have to sand on the follower a tiny bit to get the follower past the transition in to the basepad

I had to do the same with my M&P mags using Taylor extensions. 

Just now, optimator said:

I had to do the same with my M&P mags using Taylor extensions. 

Some combos require that you do some fitting to the follower. This is one reason I prefer Grams followers if they're available for the application. I liked them in my STI mags, so I ordered some for my TSO mags when I was ordering basepads. I think you do have to use their spring, however, as the attachment to the follower is different than the factory follower and spring. 

Or just get grams follower and springs. I put them in Cz 18 round tubes with +2 tti and I have 23 rounds reloadable.

You will have to fit the follower still to the mecgar tube. Apparently the sides have to be shaved so the last round goes high enough.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Have used Wolff +5 and +10 springs in numerous pistols (including +5% in 18 rnd SP01 mags) and never had any issue.  Most of my SP01 mags hold 19 rnds with no mods what so ever even with +5% or + 10% springs (don't recall which are in the mags right  now).  Any rate the one which held 19 with factory springs also hold 19 with + springs.

Would if there was a shipping error or packaging error on your springs....

12 minutes ago, GeneBray said:

Have used Wolff +5 and +10 springs in numerous pistols (including +5% in 18 rnd SP01 mags) and never had any issue.  Most of my SP01 mags hold 19 rnds with no mods what so ever even with +5% or + 10% springs (don't recall which are in the mags right  now).  Any rate the one which held 19 with factory springs also hold 19 with + springs.

Would if there was a shipping error or packaging error on your springs....

As RigPig stated earlier it looks like I got the 170 springs. I'll cut 2 coils out of one and see if it works. If not I'll send the other 3 back.