Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&B SPP $20/k

muncie21

Cabelas is selling S&B small pistol primers for $20/k.  If you use the promo code '57tents' you'll get $5 shipping ($20 hazmat still applies) for orders over $99.

And no, I don't work for the company, just wanted to pass along the info to my fellow reloaders

I have an embarrassing # of primers on-hand, but I really like S&B SPP, so I couldn't resist adding 5k.  Couldn't order just 5k primers, and they didn't have any powder I wanted, so I'm trying 5k of their SRP too.

I have noticed several times that Cabelas will put all of the S&B primers on sale..except for the SPP.  A little annoying, but I'm sure they are the best sellers, so if they can still sell them at a decent volume at the full price, good for them.  I find it hard to pay that price for the S&B primers, if CCIs are essentially the exact same price from midsouth, etc.  AT $20/k though, I'll run the S&Bs all day long.

On 5/8/2017 at 7:29 PM, OPENB said:

Don't plan on the SRP working in a pistol, they are hard as rocks. 

I tried awhile back, not a great success in either a 226 or a glock 17.  I am thinking they might be a good option in my PCC gun, since the trigger/hammer combi is the exact same one I use in my .223 rifle using the S&B SRPs.