Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR gold trigger - minor issue

slbrugby

Shot a shooters rifle that had an AR gold trigger.  Really liked the feel so I decided to give it a try.  But I'm having slight fitment issues.  The lower previously has had a RRA 2 stage trigger, and a S3G trigger in it...I have also tried the AR gold trigger in a different lower with the same outcome.  So I'm pretty sure my lower is in spec.

My safety is not flipping from safe to fire easily.  Almost like something is rubbing on the gold tail portion of the trigger.  Note: I've tried 3 different stock safety selectors, a seekins precision short throw and a magpul short throw selector.  All with the same results.

Any of you shooters that run this trigger had to "fit" your trigger.  I checked out their website and could not find the gunsmith installation notes that they mentioned.

Edited by slbrugby

Ironically, AR Gold says remove material from trigger tail but it sounds like others (like myself) remove from the safety.  But like what LoganbillJ said, go slow and check often.

Flatland Shooter has given you the best advice you will ever get!!!! It applies to everything!!! This should be in the top ten rules for life!!!!