Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to send my pistol for front strap checkering?

BigBamBoo

I had a Springfield I wanted something similar done to it and all the custom builders didn't seem to want to do it. I think their wasn't enough money in it for them to tackle my project an/or no time. I ended up sending it back to Springfield and it took about 10 days and was inexpensive. I'd check around though or maybe consider having kimber do it. 

15 hours ago, shooterDrew said:

Cree Custom Guns

I've got a custom gun built by Andy Cree and the checkering is excellent!

Search for him on FB or email at creecustomguns@gmail.com

89387ff02a6073d8ea417aa0d980db13.jpg2c07c5a7af96cbd62942255164d8c5f7.jpg174e4191afac27cd4f8724c262a1892a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks amazingly grippy!

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. I received my Kimber back from Evolution Armory and Mark and Dave did a great job on the checkering and undercut trigger guard. I went with 25 lpi and I think that was a good choice for me over the 20 lpi. I think that would have been a bit aggressive for my hands.

I would recommend Evolution Armory for any checkering work. They had FAST turn around time....12 days from when I dropped it off at FedEx until it was back in my hands.

And the pics:

DSC01878 (Copy).JPG

DSC01875 (Copy).JPG

Edited by BigBamBoo

My biggest thing was turn around time. Lots of folks are doing checkering. Some reporting close to a year turn around!?!?! I had mine back from Evo in 12 days...from date of shipping it to them until it was back in my hands.