Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aim Lightweight BCG - opinions

slymantis

I have an NIB one, it's only got around 1k on it so far. The NIB is wearing on the bottom of the carrier but no problems with it yet. It doesn't seem as finely machined and finished as my JP carriers but it works.

9 hours ago, adamge said:

sly, are you aware that there are vendors in Canada selling the Faxon LW BCG?  I would go that way if I was in the market right now.

more than aware of that, but that's not what im asking about. 

I have two. A NiB one and a black nitride one. The NiB is wearing and flaking. The nitride seems to be holding up better.

They both work great. No problems so far, but only a couple hundred in with black one.

Wouldn't take it to war, thats for sure, but for my uses and hobbyist competition they work great.

I use them with:

-SLR adj. gas on a 18" faxon rifle barrel,

-taccom ultralight plastic buffer.

Cheap low mass system. Works well for my uses.

They are nowhere near the same quality as JP. JP is much much nicer and better in every way, imo.

4 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

They are nowhere near the same quality as JP. JP is much much nicer and better in every way, imo.

I have a Aim in my back up rifle and a JP in my primary rifle and your right, the JP is much nicer but it cost a lot more too. But like you said its a cheap lo mass system that works well for my uses.

I have a nitride one with 1,500 rounds on it. The coating has completely worn off at all contact points, machining is a little rough, and seems to require a lot of lube.  It has run suprisingly well though, not a single failure.  I have a couple JP that are much nicer, and I just received a Rubber City titanium bcg that looks fantastic.  

Edited by CharlieD

I've been running a NIB version since they were first introduced. I forget how long that's been now. Maybe going on 2 years? Just checked my AIM acct. Ordered October 2015.

It has about 5,000 through it. The NiB is flaking on the gas key, which started around 1500rds, but it has run flawless without a single issue.

I run it in an 18" rifle length gas setup with standard block, spring and carbine buffer.

I tuned the rifle with the load.

55gr

22.5gr H335

Very soft shooting and extremely accurate.

Just a couple days ago I ordered a nitride version as I am building a backup 3gun rifle.

I had most of the parts sitting around and won a Nordic 15" handguard at a match last weekend, so that kinda spurred the build.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got a nitride myself, and swapped out the buffer/spring for a Taccom LW rifle buffer and TTI spring. Tuned the gas and only able to put about a hundred rounds through, but functioned flawlessly. As a package, very pleased with the change in handling. Went with the AIM  to test the waters before committing the money for a JP or other top tier BCG.