Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will CZ offer an optics ready pistol from the factory in the near future?

LeviSS

CZ seems to be one of the only major gun companies left that doesn't offer an optics ready pistol from the factory.

I'm guessing once they release the full size P10, an OR model will be on the way shortly.

What about an OR Shadow or P09?  Will it happen?

Do you guys think we'll be seeing an optics ready pistol from them soon?

• 8 months later...

IPSC Production Optics is now a trial division for 3 years, as CO was for USPSA......at present it is left up to each country (Region) to make its own rules regarding which guns qualify.....the bulk of the Regions are going for any gun on the Production Approved List, slide mounted optic but only milled from factory accepted the others have to use a dovetail mount, other Production div rules apply:   5lb min first trigger pull then anything from 2nd shot on, no weight limit, race holsters allowed.............hopefully CZ will come out with something or Angus at CZ Cuystom will get something approved as he apparently is starting to make not only his own barrels and slides but frame now also......I'm sure we'll see something at the 2018 Show Show or IWA, but I'm thinking Tanfoglio is maybe a year ahead of CZ with a factory Optic Ready gun (hopefully DA/SA and not striker fired)

I think it will depend largely how the new divisions ‘Production Optics’ in IPSC, and ‘Carry Optics’ in USPSA fair out. I think that these divisions will be extremely popular and if so, I am sure that CZ will offer a version soon. Just my two cents,,,,,,

• 2 weeks later...