Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1/M2 spring question (TTI Springs)

IFlynn

I recently switched out springs on my 1991 Benelli M1 to the TTI springs, I switched all of them with the goal of lowering the weight of the trigger pull. That said, I believe the trigger return spring is affecting my trigger abnormally as it often resets with a two-stage feel. Upon removing the entire trigger group, I'm noticing the hammer is getting caught making it feel like a two stage, and not a one stage trigger. 

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My first thought is to install a stock benelli trigger return spring again, but if there is a fix out there I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, IFlynn said:

Anyone any knowledge of why this is happening? I believe it's the trigger return spring being too light, but anyone had this issue before?

Sounds like the new “lighter” trigger return spring is not strong enough to overcome the disconnector engagement (the disconnector keeps the hammer from falling when the action closes with the trigger pulled back).

Put the original return spring back in and see what happens.

17 hours ago, GunCat said:

Sounds like the new “lighter” trigger return spring is not strong enough to overcome the disconnector engagement (the disconnector keeps the hammer from falling when the action closes with the trigger pulled back).

Put the original return spring back in and see what happens.

I have an original spring on order, hopefully this solves the problem.