Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage 4 TSF 3 Gun AAR

https://www.facebook.com/12369...eos/238147186661895/

As a high school football coach, I am used to using video to critique a performance to find flaws missed connections and other learning areas in a performance. So I figured I might as well do the same with my shooting, one stage at a time.

I figure I might as well go stage by stage from my last match and see what you guys have to say about any areas that I missed.

Starting off with stage IV, my first stage of the day here are my own personal critiques.

I liked the use of my foot to open the door and I think it allowed me to get the gun up slightly quicker, but I should've taking immediate use of the ledge of the window to create a more stable position instead of shooting freehand, which cost me a couple of rushed make up shots.

Once kneeling the 200 yard shot was not too bad, but it is extremely obvious that I need to spend more time at longer range targets as I burn through a lot of time and ammo for a single target, however after I ran dry I felt like my Mag change from bolt lock was sufficient.

Finally hitting the elusive 300 yard steel, I feel good about my transition to the shotgun, minus the single makeup shot on #2.

Quadload went well, as did the spinner, but lack of concentration cost about 2 seconds on the low steel.

My slug transition is terrible, as I planned to use the matchsaver for it, but when the time came it was nowhere to be found.

I then keep digging by trying to reload cross body with the slugs oriented in the other direction, tube load instead of port load, and forget to chamber the new shell, only to miss the shot and proceed to make the same mistake again.

Transition to pistol was slowed by a poor first grip, and i will accept the two make up shots on the 90 yard steel with the pistol, but the target transition coming off of it was real slow, even after they called hit.

I should have either moved more quickly or taken the opportunity to do a speed reload while moving to the car bumper.

I threw away a few shots on steel at the end, and must really work on moving my thumb off the slide release.

Overall the performance in this stage was enough for a narrow stage win in the (very small) Limited division, but i think I left over a minute on the clock, mostly on the 300 yard target and poor reload management.

What do you guys see that needs fixing?