Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 For carry optic

MP9

Hi all.

I have a spare SP01  that I would like to use  to  carry optics, I know nothing about red dots, mounts, etc.. I don't want to mill the slide. just to use maybe a czc dovetail.

any recommendation in sight mount and red dots?

the other day was talking to someone and was told there are some small one where you don't get so much visibility, not sure how important that is.

thanks

I started with a Burris FF3 8moa on a Springer mount on a SP01 Tac. (Inexpensive sight with a life time warranty on a $50 mount)

After a year, had the dot milled onto a P09. Reason for selecting P09, mostly aesthetics as the fatter slide of the Omega Polymer guns seemed to look better with the dot than on steel frame CZs.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I brought a shadow slide from CZC with their optic cut. For the optic, I tried Burris FF3 first, but it breaks after 50 rounds, switched to 7moa Deltapoint pro, it does sit higher than FF3, but no problem so far.

WechatIMG1.jpeg

Edited by philippshen

Try a sight Mark mini shot ultra. I've had mine for a few months now and its pretty damn solid. Then if you decide you really want to continue in this divisio you can upgrade to a higher end one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I have been reading a little about it today.

regarding brands, looks like the Delta Point pro  new model is bigger and very popular and good quality.

I see the delta point pro is around $369, $399, 

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-119688-Delta-Point-Reflex/dp/B00NWIYAD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493772937&sr=8-1&keywords=leupold+delta+point+pro

which size is more common, 2.5 , 7.5?

any thought on the vortex?

what about trijicon?

thanks

I set my Phantom up for CO.  Springer mount and FF3.  About 1K rounds with practice and one match, so far so good.  The dot works well with my almost 60 yo eyes. 

On 5/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, MP9 said:

Thanks for the input. I have been reading a little about it today.

regarding brands, looks like the Delta Point pro  new model is bigger and very popular and good quality.

I see the delta point pro is around $369, $399, 

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-119688-Delta-Point-Reflex/dp/B00NWIYAD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493772937&sr=8-1&keywords=leupold+delta+point+pro

which size is more common, 2.5 , 7.5?

any thought on the vortex?

what about trijicon?

thanks

While not on a cz, I have some experience with both a trijicon rmr 07 and a vortex viper...ive had both on my glock 34 for CO.

The rmr seems to be the better 'overall piece...robust build, very crisp dot, auto adjust, and crazy battery life.  But I really like the vortex for comps. The window is bigger, and I found the dot easier to pick up. Battery life is not a big issue, as it is only on for matches, and it's easy enough to check for brightness at make ready...auto adjust might be a bad thing. 

Now that I've shot a number of matches, i could probably find the rmr dot as easily, but I'm shooting well with the vortex. 

I think for an actual carry gun, I'd go the rmr, if the price was not an issue. 

I'm hoping to get my cz unicorn compact approved for CO, and for that, the vortex has another advantage. I can get the slide milled for it, and not have to use a plate. You can mill the slide for an rmr, but the locate pins are so wide, it needs an adapter plate. 

Tobyj

Edited by TobyJ

basic setup should be mag and pad that makes 140mm, lots of combinations and makers, CZC, Springer, TTI, I am sure there are others. and a flat follower spring, CZC, Grams.

should be 23 rounds.

On 5/11/2017 at 0:29 PM, eerw said:

basic setup should be mag and pad that makes 140mm, lots of combinations and makers, CZC, Springer, TTI, I am sure there are others. and a flat follower spring, CZC, Grams.

should be 23 rounds.

Thanks. I got the CZC multi sight and kit 11522 to get it ready.  with mecgar 17 rounds, TTI +4 base pad. does it need any fit or is good to go?

Thanks all.

I got the Leopold DP pro and a CZC multi sight base.

the Deltapoint has already a very thin mount base, should I remove it or should it be let there when installing?

thanks

1 minute ago, bsand said:

Was drop in for me and my Cz tubes tti and Czc follower.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks.

When I insert the mag, there is like 2 mm gap between the grip/magw and the basepad, is that normal?

thanks

I have about a inch Gap between my frame and basepads.

Just be careful when readying as if you really smack it home it will start to dent your slide. But it's inadvertently going to happen when on the clock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My Burris just went out at Sat match,seems the dot is stuck up high and no longer adjusts down.

I have put thru about 2000 + rounds with it,will call Burris in the morning to get return info since

they have the lifetime warranty.

A friend runs a Doctor from Doctor USA but I do not want to spend $600 I will just keep sending The Burris FF3

back if it breaks again

Edited by Big Dog Howie
spelling error