Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wrists below belt?

Sarge

14 hours ago, waktasz said:

Here's where I stand on this, and why I don't give people breaks anymore.  

Had a new shooter do exactly the same thing at a match I was at, years ago.  We talked it over with him and allowed him to continue.

On the next stage he turned completely around and ran up range with no regard for the 180 or anyone else on the range.  If he had done something horrible at that point and someone got injured, well...I'm just glad that didn't happen.

At a local match where I wasn't the ro for our squad we had 3 or 4 newer guys with us. Every time they had a malfunction/reloaded one of them had their finger in the trigger guard. So after we would tell them that they should be dqed for it and allow them to keep shooting.

Then the next stage a different people would do the same thing. That was the last time, if you do it you own your dq.

I always ask when people are new if they understand the safety rules. If people don't come back because they got dqed they wouldn't have came back when they messed up the next match either

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CrashDodson said:

so does this mean the arms can be in any orientation, such as weak hand/arm more at the 12'oclock position as long as the wrists are below the belt?

The start position is with the wrists below the belt. How you accomplish that is up to you if no other instructions are included.

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

The start position is with the wrists below the belt. How you accomplish that is up to you if no other instructions are included.

Agreed.hover the hands right where they need to be

17 hours ago, Trent1k1 said:

oh, there's a whole thread on Facebook about that.

Some stating that by enforcing the rules and DQ-ing people at local marches we are turning them away from the sport.

I know these types also.  My questions to these people is, "Do we really want to grow the sport at the cost of reducing everyone's safety?" 

I see the same people get "finger" or "muzzle" warnings match after match.  At some point, the only way people are willing to correct their behavior is if there are consequences.  A DQ is a much easier consequence to swallow than potential injury or harm.  It's also a much cheaper consequence at a local L1 match than a major on the road.

Sorry to get way off track.  I'm tired of hearing, "it's just a club match" in regards to not following rules.