Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire ECL trigger reset problem

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Hiperfire ECL installed in MPX 16" carbine. Today I tested it the first time on the range, sometimes I pressed the trigger too fast before it can reset itself, then even with another trigger pull, the next round can't be fired. Is this normal for Hiperfire triggers, or even for all the triggers?

And there is another more serious problem. After what happened above, sometimes (not all the times, just sometimes) if I pressed hard on the trigger, then it would reset itself (with a recognizable "click", which can be felt from my finger), and next pull will ignite the round in the chamber! I'm really confused and kinda terrified, cause this definitely should not happen, right?

Please help, thanks!

What bolt are you using?  As far as I know the hammers on the HiperFire triggers are the same height as a milspec.  The only thing I can think of is that your bolt might not be completely engaging the reset on the sear every round.

Several weeks ago I had problems with a Hiperfire 24c doubling followed a short time later with the trigger failing to reset.

The doubling was cured by going to a lighter spring (from .308 to .223).

The reset problem was probably some trash in the lower under the trigger not allowing it full movement.   A good cleaning with some carburetor cleaner did the trick.

Bill 

8 hours ago, Kaldor said:

What bolt are you using?  As far as I know the hammers on the HiperFire triggers are the same height as a milspec.  The only thing I can think of is that your bolt might not be completely engaging the reset on the sear every round.

Bolt and bcg are both factory, I didn't change anything in the upper

I don't remember anything like I described above when I first installed and tested the trigger. I've reinstalled the trigger and the issue seems to be gone, but I'll keep my finger crossed until the weekend so I can test it on the range again

7 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Several weeks ago I had problems with a Hiperfire 24c doubling followed a short time later with the trigger failing to reset.

The doubling was cured by going to a lighter spring (from .308 to .223).

The reset problem was probably some trash in the lower under the trigger not allowing it full movement.   A good cleaning with some carburetor cleaner did the trick.

Bill 

Thanks for the info! I did some cleaning in my lower as well, but it didn't contain much trash there after all. If it's still malfunctioning, I'll give those lighter spring a try too

12 hours ago, chopinlover said:

Bolt and bcg are both factory, I didn't change anything in the upper

I don't remember anything like I described above when I first installed and tested the trigger. I've reinstalled the trigger and the issue seems to be gone, but I'll keep my finger crossed until the weekend so I can test it on the range again

Ive had a couple email exchanges with HiperFire as I want to eventually switch my AR9 to one of their triggers, and they assured me that it will work.  They also assured me that they will work in and MPX for what its worth.  Im not putting $230 into something that I am unsure will work.

Glad to hear you might have it ironed out.  I consider the HiperFire to be one the best single stage triggers out there, especially when you get into suppressed weapons.

12 hours ago, chopinlover said:

Thanks for the info! I did some cleaning in my lower as well, but it didn't contain much trash there after all. If it's still malfunctioning, I'll give those lighter spring a try too

Mine didn't seem to have any trash in the lower either.  But knowing how dirty 9mm blowback guns are, a good cleaning seemed prudent.  Actually I tried just cleaning it with some Q-tips but that did not help.  The carb cleaner flushed out whatever was in there.

Its now part of my gun cleaning procedure.

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Hiperfire ECL installed in MPX 16" carbine. Today I tested it the first time on the range, sometimes I pressed the trigger too fast before it can reset itself, then even with another trigger pull, the next round can't be fired. Is this normal for Hiperfire triggers, or even for all the triggers?

I had the same problem yesterday with the 24c in my AR9. I was able to easily simulate the problem by racking the bolt and lowering it slowly, then pulling the trigger about .5" before the bolt goes into battery. The trigger will lock back and the round will not fire. Racking the bolt all the way back resets it, but when it happened during live fire I had to rack the next round out too before it reset. Very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 1 year later...

I think it may be the disconnector spring, mine is having a similar problem in the mpx. Trigger follows When I hokd the trigger to the rear. Will catch with finger off the trigger. The spring under the disconnector looks jacked up

I had nothing but issues with my  HiperFire in my carbine. It is now sitting in the bottom of a canal. I think that a major problem is the way it sits. Anyway there are many better triggers out there and new ones keep coming out.

You (Puma)threw a $275 trigger away rather than solve the problem?

Yeah, BS.

I have an ECL in my MPX.

I've been shooting PCC in 2 matches a month for the last 6 months or so and I haven't had any issues with this set up.

I think you guys having issues may have something incorrectly installed, possibly binding the trigger reset.

The most common error is having one or both spring guides or "toggle shafts" reversed.

This is is easy to screw up. I installed my first hiperfire, (24C) with one guide rods backwards and I couldn't get the trigger to reset during function testing. 

It took me a bit to figure it out. once I did it has been flawless in my 3gun rifle.

See step 5 in the install guide   .https://www.hiperfire.com/downloads/PartsInstallationManual_ECL_20170731.pdf

If this doesn't help I suggest you contact Hiperfire, they will solve your problem.

I'm going to the range Monday and I'll see if I can deliberately out run the trigger.

I doubt I can,  Jerry could possibly.

Edited by Willz

Willz......yes sir. I eliminate problems. If I don't like something or if it is unreliable I get rid of it. Life is too short. Geissele triggers are reliable. Timney triggers are reliable. Of course I am talking about PCC's. Why waste your time on something that you cannot have confidence in ? Just about anything will work in a rifle caliber AR.

All well, I will not be shooting for a couple weeks. I will be away from South Florida on vacation. Good shooting guys !

Willz all being said,  I respect you opinion .

Edited by Puma

I'm going to the range Monday and I'll see if I can deliberately out run the trigger.

I doubt I can,  Jerry could possibly.

I have a couple times, including last weekend, but it’s very rare and only happens with mouse fart loads that move the bolt slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having this problem with the PCC that I built for my girlfriend using a 24C trigger, and last night we finally managed to cure it.  I replaced the heavy strut springs with the light strut springs and the problem is completely gone.