Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comparing Extended Mag Releases

superslowmo

I have had periodic issues bumping my LF Arms extended release on my Pro.  Needless to say it happens at the most inopportune moments during a stage.

Has anyone done a side by side of the LF and Springer parts?  Are the profiles the same, or is there slight differences?

Any info that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Springer. I have dropped the mag on time becuase I have a goofy hold on the gun. But loaded table starts are next to impossible with it. I have been contomplating on taking it out as I didn't really have a problem before the button. 

1 hour ago, Mully383 said:

I have the Springer. I have dropped the mag on time becuase I have a goofy hold on the gun. But loaded table starts are next to impossible with it. I have been contomplating on taking it out as I didn't really have a problem before the button. 

I shot a match yesterday with the stock release and had an issue with a reload one time because I wasn't able to quickly/completely depress the button.  I am considering grinding down the LFA a bit and see if I can still get a little bit of extension and lesson my chances of bumping it.

Or I may try something I saw on the S&W forum where Bkreutz actually removed the "shroud" around the mag release to make it easier to depress-

LF Arms Extended Mag Release ... FAILURE

On 5/5/2017 at 7:04 PM, superslowmo said:

I shot a match yesterday with the stock release and had an issue with a reload one time because I wasn't able to quickly/completely depress the button.  I am considering grinding down the LFA a bit and see if I can still get a little bit of extension and lesson my chances of bumping it.

Or I may try something I saw on the S&W forum where Bkreutz actually removed the "shroud" around the mag release to make it easier to depress-

LF Arms Extended Mag Release ... FAILURE

Is removing the shroud prod/co legal. It might be co legal but I'm sure it's not prod. 

• 4 months later...

I have both,

The LF Arms is more slanted (gets bigger as it goes towards the muzzle)

The Springer is more squared off, so the rear (chamber side) sticks out about the same as the front (muzzle side)