Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New open gun coming along

redfisher

5 minutes ago, a matt said:

Glenn went a step farther like he does most of the time and designed the thumb safety to engage unless your thumb is riding the lever. Now when he reholsters or dumps the Pistol for a different gun he has no chance for a stage DQ or worse. 

I've got the same safety on my 3 gun 2011.  Works great.

Bill

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/17/2017 at 11:14 PM, BeerBaron said:

Ssi also carries the LSI safeties. :)

Thanks, Baron...  I wanted to see what they look like before purchasing one...

Looks like they are very similar to the STI safeties, except they are made out of better material...  Did you go for the wide safety for your strong hand thumb?  Not sure if it would be better or too much...

Yes I have the wide version. They are fairly easy to shape down a bit if you find it too big. I'd suggest get the wide as you can always make it smaller. Can't make the small one bigger though!

they are nicely machined from barstock and also have nicely cut tennon joints which is also important. :)

17 hours ago, Skeet said:

Good looking pistol!! 

Just getting into open myself but am wanting LSI to build my main piece as soon as I find the funds. 

Picked it up today, chrono'd it (10.3 of 3n38 makes about 172pf) put about 150 rounds down range tweaking in the dot. Can't wait to try bill drills with this thing. It is meticulously put together. Love the balance. Highly recommend Glenn/LSI to anyone. 

Jeff

12 hours ago, redfisher said:

Picked it up today, chrono'd it (10.3 of 3n38 makes about 172pf) put about 150 rounds down range tweaking in the dot. Can't wait to try bill drills with this thing. It is meticulously put together. Love the balance. Highly recommend Glenn/LSI to anyone. 

Jeff

Great looking gun, good luck with it. But some videos up of it in action 

On May 3, 2017 at 10:03 PM, ShortBus said:

If you've been in A class for 20+ years you need to try something new lol

If you've been in A class for 20+ years, mabey A is ok with whoever is we are talking about. Classification to me is an ego thing anyway and until you beat the best consistantly the advice spit out around here is mostly junk anyway.  Enjoy the game, thats really how you win.  Some get mad cause others beat them and are not even trying and training. It get manifested here with attitude and the like, enjoy the game or make it a job but just do what you want and not what everyone else says.  Cheers.

15 hours ago, redfisher said:

Jeff

That's great!

I hear nothing but good things about Glenn/LSI. Can't wait to get mine started.

On 31/05/2017 at 3:31 PM, redfisher said:

Jeff

nice. :) it's a sweet looking gun.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 6:31 AM, redfisher said:

On its way

IMG_0226.JPG

Just want to say this thing is a dream to shoot. Anyone contemplating having Glenn build them a gun do not hesitate. Great guy and and an amazing piece of art/machinery. 3 matches, including a 400 round level II, a bit of practice, probably about 1500ish rounds so far . . . Not one glitch. Thanks Glenn.

• 1 month later...