Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New open gun coming along

redfisher

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sandbagger123 said:

Do you happen to know  how long is LSI backed up on guns?

1 hour ago, Sandbagger123 said:

Do you happen to know  how long is LSI backed up on guns?

I do not, I think I got in the cue late last fall.

Jeff

16 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

We don't do this for a living . at least most of us don't.

So do what you enjoy and don't obsess over what others think you should do, unless they are buying your guns and paying your match fees!!!

Very nice pistol you're having the guys at LS build for you.

Enjoy it to the chagrin of the rest of us!!

This.

Nice gun OP.

Edited by d_striker

9 minutes ago, redfisher said:

You can see it in a couple of weeks. I shoot Weld, Aurora, Dumont, Boulder.

Jeff

Awesome!  Open is really taking off here in ECO.

I think I remember you telling me about this at Dumont last month.  Only I didn't realize redfisher=Jeff.  haha.

Edited by d_striker

1 hour ago, d_striker said:

Awesome!  Open is really taking off here in ECO.

I think I remember you telling me about this at Dumont last month.  Only I didn't realize redfisher=Jeff.  haha.

Wish I could get this one to run. nose dives and hammer follow are plaguing it.

GANS Open.JPG

4 minutes ago, Sandbagger123 said:

is that the gans one that was for sale a couple of months ago?

It's a GANS but I bought it last year off the forum.  Changed the mount, optic, Magwell and trigger. just can't figure out the nose dive issue (38 Super/not Comp) and the hammer follows occasionally.

Jeff

10 minutes ago, ShortBus said:

Did you try opening the fromt of your mags a little? Played with OAL? 

What hamer spring you running? Maybe too light?

Definitely played with OAL. It's consistent across tuned STI mags and MBX mags. I loaded up some Super Comp and the problem seems to go away.  But I need to test it more before i'm sure. I need to swap out the shell plate on my 1050 to load SC more consistently. Hammer spring is the one that came in the gun so i'm not sure.

Jeff

I've been told by a knowledgeable person that once your hammer has followed more than 5-10 times, the sear and hooks are probably done or are close to an unsafe condition.

If it hasn't followed that much yet, have you tried increasing sear spring tension?  

Edited by d_striker

16 minutes ago, d_striker said:

I've been told by a knowledgeable person that once your hammer has followed more than 5-10 times, the sear and hooks are probably done or are close to an unsafe condition.

If it hasn't followed that much yet, have you tried increasing sear spring tension?  

I have not, I'll probably get it out tomorrow or Saturday, and put some more rounds throughout it. I'd love to find someone local to put a new fire control se-up in it if the hammer follow is really a non-reslovable issue.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn built me an Open gun early this year and after a little ammo issue (change from a 550 to a 650 and I was making some mistakes) it runs like a champ. It has a very tight and crazy smooth frame to slide fit.  Really like Glsnn and his work!!

9 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

Great looking gun. I'm a fan of lsi's work. I have some of his products (mainly safeties) and they are quality gear at reasonable prices. If his builds follow that same ethos they must be excellent. 

Checked the LSI site to see what his safeties look like and couldn't find any...  Clicked the "Online Store" link and got a blank page...  Do you buy them directly from LSI, or somewhere else?

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

....Clicked the "Online Store" link and got a blank page...  Do you buy them directly from LSI, or somewhere else?

Glenn's too busy creating masterpiece guns to mess with a website.  Give him a call directly and he will set you up.  Since he will probably in the shop, leave a voicemail and he will get back with you promptly.  

I'm running a couple of his safeties.  Good choice.

Phone: 713-823-1676

Fax Number: 281-350-9841

Email: glenn@lonestarpistols.com

Bill

1 hour ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Glenn's too busy creating masterpiece guns to mess with a website.  Give him a call directly and he will set you up.  Since he will probably in the shop, leave a voicemail and he will get back with you promptly.  

I'm running a couple of his safeties.  Good choice.

Phone: 713-823-1676

Fax Number: 281-350-9841

Email: glenn@lonestarpistols.com

Bill

I prefer having a shield and he hasn't done that yet, or else i'd have his safeties on the gun.

Jeff

Glenn built a friend of mine an open gun for 3 gun competition and it is a great looking and shooting pistol. Glenn went a step farther like he does most of the time and designed the thumb safety to engage unless your thumb is riding the lever. Now when he reholsters or dumps the Pistol for a different gun he has no chance for a stage DQ or worse.  Glenn does some awesome work and he has a great head for competition guns..