Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ear pro survey

Broski

I have coverage for hearing devices. Sport Ear came to the conclusion that I had hearing loss (my wife agrees), so they submitted it to my insurance for coverage since their devices qualify. Or so they said... After 3 months of run around my insurance said they had not heard from Sport Ear so I cancelled the order.

That's how my insurance would work. Maybe some have it as preventative?

The Sport Ear rep said it's mostly .Mil and .Gov employees who have the coverage and was surprised at mine.

Look up your coverage, or go see an Audiologist and ask.

Edited by DWFAN

Sorry.. got my providers mixed up. Corrected my original post. This was Sport Ear directly, at a match. He ran a hearing test and sent in the order.

I am going to find the local place that deals Sound Gear and try them. They get good reviews and are much cheaper than the Sport Ears.

Edited by DWFAN

• 2 months later...

I used to run the muffs but during the summer my ears get super hot.  I switched to the surefire insert style.  Both are connected with a cord.  They work great and I can still hear pretty well.  For under $20 its not a bad option to try.

Have had my soundgear for a few weeks now. Love the custom molded fit. Much more comfortable in the heat than muffs. With the small size of the speakers in these things there is little to no bass so the sound is a little, tingy, for lack of a better description.  You don't notice it after a few minutes. 

5 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Have had my soundgear for a few weeks now. Love the custom molded fit. Much more comfortable in the heat than muffs. With the small size of the speakers in these things there is little to no bass so the sound is a little, tingy, for lack of a better description.  You don't notice it after a few minutes. 

Adjusting the volume lower than you think it should be gets rid of a lot of the "tingyness". I find I can still hear fine, but without the extra noise.

I've started using EarMurmur plugs and they are working fantastically.

No electronics so no amplification.

Just soft silicone shaped after having each ear scanned with two passive filters.

Can hear normal speaking.

Still double up indoors. :-)

No affiliation, just very pleased with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, KrymSIX said:

Just a heads up, but if your health insurance offers coverage for hearing aids you may be able to get soundgear or SportEar high end custom electronic earplugs covered because they use hearing aid caliber ciruits and chips. They're both supposed to be quite good

I went the Sport Ear route; but returned them after they tried to fix mechanical problems twice.

Now I use a deep set of Peltor which is comfortable on days i spend 8 hours or so with them on; Whereas others are either too tight on ears or annoying inserts. IMHO

Switched to the Etymotics this year.  They are good as far as hearing protction and it is amazing not having headphones pressing the side of my head.  But they can get irritating inside your ears.  I have to use the small foam tips for best fit and they are pretty coarse.  You also hav to reset them occasionally throughout a match.

Surefire EP4.  I lose then or they west out every six months or so.   I keep 2 extras in my truck, range bags,  etc.  At 10 bucks each they euro well are comfy and if I lose them I don't care.

Then I can double up with muffs if needed.

Edited by Tacticalpanda

On 8/21/2017 at 3:13 PM, BenBreeg said:

Switched to the Etymotics this year.  They are good as far as hearing protction and it is amazing not having headphones pressing the side of my head.  But they can get irritating inside your ears.  I have to use the small foam tips for best fit and they are pretty coarse.  You also hav to reset them occasionally throughout a match.

Make sure to remove batteries after use. I left mine in for maybe 2-3 weeks, they oxidized and killed those plugs for good.

55 minutes ago, YVK said:

Make sure to remove batteries after use. I left mine in for maybe 2-3 weeks, they oxidized and killed those plugs for good.

Interesting because i just did the same and they didn't seem to be working as well this weekend.  Was at area 8 match and it was loud, ears are kind of "tired" today.  I think a good set of custom molded electics is my next big purchase.