Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Secret Red Dot?

d_striker

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was part of that big crowd that went to Magnus after Area 1. JJ did mention that he's trying to work with Holosun. It could be a new prototype as the lens hood appears less bulky in the screenshot.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
23 hours ago, Chillywig said:

Sweet!!!

How well does it work? 

Amazing!  I was extatic to finally find a mount for it!   I had been working with someone to make a mount, but they didn't think it was feasible due to the size, despite it actually weighing less than an aluminum C-more.   The window is larger, too. 

On 6/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, Apolo said:

What is the mounting pattern and who makes a mount?

It is a proprietary mount with twin recoil lugs.  Very secure.  My mount is a double sided narrow mount from TEvo Sports.  He did not have the single sided mounts made yet (done now, headed for anodizing soon), so I went ahead and got the more expensive double sided mount and drilled and tapped my frame for the support side.  This is the mount that JJ uses. 

Edited by chevrofreak

23 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I have a green one on a rifle and have been very impressed by it. Distance above the gun would probably be in between the RTS2 and slide ride. Interesting!

Screenshot_20180629-175638_Gallery.jpg

That would be pretty sweet without the hood.  

• 4 weeks later...

I’m actually pretty intrigued by this dot.  I don’t know If making the hood easily removable was a conscious decision in this respect, but it really sets up this dot for a variety of uses.  The fact that it can be put on a carbine with no hood for pure game use and then transformed into “tactical mode” with a couple turns of a screw is very smart.  I don’t know of a competitor that can make same claim.  The fact that Holosun doesn’t advertise it (or am I wrong here?) confirms to me that it wasn’t done consciously but is a happy accident that the end users are exploiting.