Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Secret Red Dot?

d_striker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The general shape looks similar to trjicon RMR's but this one is way bigger.  What's this pic from, looks like the guy is holding it up to his eye like a rifle.... love to see the YouTube vid of slide to face punch

4 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Wish somebody would make a frameless lens or a transparent frame so the dot would appear floating on air without any visual distraction. 

That would seem very easily breakable

14 hours ago, hwansikcjswo said:

Isn't that the new trijicon JJR? (R as Racaza)

:P

Maybe?  He was being pretty secretive about it on a Facebook live stream.  

Haven't heard of any Trijicon JJR yet.

15 hours ago, drewbeck said:

The general shape looks similar to trjicon RMR's but this one is way bigger.  What's this pic from, looks like the guy is holding it up to his eye like a rifle.... love to see the YouTube vid of slide to face punch

It was a FB livestream thing from JJ.  Several people were asking him about the dot but he was being evasive about it.  Like maybe it's a prototype and he wasn't supposed to be showing it off.  

6 hours ago, Shmella said:

That would seem very easily breakable

With modern design materials, it shouldnt be. Cmore slideride and most micro dot frames are made of plastic. Also most eyeglass lenses are also plastic. Its not farfetched to wish for plastic frames that are transparent and sturdy for shooting. 

Edited by BoyGlock

I watched the video and you can get a pretty good look at it, I cant wait to see one of these. The Glass does look huge and he did say it is not Cmore so I guess we will see.

Edited by Shmella

23 hours ago, Shmella said:

For some reason I believe the whole video is reversed. JJ is a righty but if you watched the video it appears like hes drawing and doing everything Left handed.

That's what happens when you use the front camera on a phone.  It makes everything a mirror image.

1 hour ago, Shmella said:

I must have the only iphone that doesnt flip the video around with the front facing camera because mine does not do that.

Take a picture using the selfie camera of a shirt with writing on it.  

I think i figured it out guys. JJ recorded that live. If you take a selfie with the front facing cam, it looks reverse as you take the picture but if you look at the picture in your library it is flipped back around. So if you record the video live it appears reversed, but if you ended the video/ or picture and went to view it in your library the phone magically flips it back around. or at least mine does.

1 hour ago, d_striker said:

Take a picture using the selfie camera of a shirt with writing on it.  

Fyi I took the selfie but ill save you the horror of posting it.