Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for PSA

Anyone with a PSA glock style lower use a magwell, if so what brand??

Also my mag is really tight entering the well. Anyone tried sanding the inside of the well down a little bit? or other options becaus it seems i can load or reload fast enough for a match.

I make them for the billet and forged lowers. It seems some of the early forged PSA Glock lowers had a sloppy fit in the mag tunnel.  You can actually pull the mag out, without touching the mag release.  I think they then tightened the tunnel too much to try to fix this, and went too far.  This is based on what I have seen, and am making a guess, I have no way of proving or disproving this theory.  I would not mess with it, and contact PSA and let them fix the issue.  All this being said, I really like their billet lower, it is strangely similar to a NFA and JP in the critical areas.  I have been very happy with mine, and I know quite a few people that are as well.

I have one of Brian's (bmiller) aluminum magwells on my billet PSA for Glock mag lower.  The lower is fairly recent vintage (bought just before the election).

In my case his magwell was an excellent fit.  It mounted real solid and it does help with the reloads.

I shot a few stages with a friend today who has the PSA forged lower that uses another style magwell also made by Brian.  Its nice and tight and looks just the right size for that lower.

They do not interchange.  I believe mine may have been a prototype or at least an early version so I do not know if the newer "for billet lower" magwells look the same as mine but I bet they will fit just as well.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Ive fixed the problem with the mag not loading smoothly. Took off the mag release and beveled it a bit. Also I removed 1 coil from the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
On 4/29/2017 at 2:22 AM, bmiller said:

I make them for the billet and forged lowers. It seems some of the early forged PSA Glock lowers had a sloppy fit in the mag tunnel.  You can actually pull the mag out, without touching the mag release.  I think they then tightened the tunnel too much to try to fix this, and went too far.  This is based on what I have seen, and am making a guess, I have no way of proving or disproving this theory.  I would not mess with it, and contact PSA and let them fix the issue.  All this being said, I really like their billet lower, it is strangely similar to a NFA and JP in the critical areas.  I have been very happy with mine, and I know quite a few people that are as well.

This sounds right. I have one from a couple years ago. Older Glock mags fit well and drop free, but new ones that fit ambi Glocks are a tight fit. To the point that I got Magpuls to use in matches instead. I also got a newer lower (so I could build a pistol) and all the mags I have drop free.

Edited by pig4bill