Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Speedway

WiII

There is very little discussion about this obscure production legal modification and I've been unable to find any references to it in the last 3 years. I'm not sure if the lack of discussion is due to many production shooters moving away from polymer striker fired guns towards the metal DA/SA guns at the time(2013), or if the modification offered no real advantages over a grip plug?

For those of you who have used this modification: Was it worthwhile? How much weight did it add to the gun?

Thanks.

There is nothing obscure about it.  I did it to my G34 in 2013 and shot USPSA nationals with it that year.  I like it and think that it helps some when you miss the reload a bit.  I think that with training it isn't really necessary, but I like to give myself every legal advantage I can.  Lord knows I am not getting any younger!  I also did this to my Stock 2 recently.  I will post pictures and put them on a scale in a few minutes.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:42 AM, mwc said:

There is nothing obscure about it.  I did it to my G34 in 2013 and shot USPSA nationals with it that year.  I like it and think that it helps some when you miss the reload a bit.  I think that with training it isn't really necessary, but I like to give myself every legal advantage I can.  Lord knows I am not getting any younger!  I also did this to my Stock 2 recently.  I will post pictures and put them on a scale in a few minutes.

Thanks for the pictures. I realize a grip plug probably works fine, but I'm like you. If I can legally do it, I will just because John Amidon said I can lol.