Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Sights for SP-01 Question and Recommendations

anonymouscuban

Hey guys. I have a standard CZ 75 SP-01. Still have the stock night glow sights. I plan on shooting Production with it. Have a couple a few questions. 

1. Are fiber optic sights legal in Production?
  2. Should I go with FO front sight and blacked out rear?
  3. Do you have any recommendations for FO sights?
  4. Lastly, are the just drop-in and shoot or will I have to do some sight alignment at the range?

Thanks everyone for the help.

Yes

yes

Dawson or Czc

your going to have to do some adjustments on the rear sight. I got mine dialed in with one adjustment with a brass punch from center.

Will also need to drill the front sight hole with a #47 wire drill bit (I used 5/64's).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have Dawson fiber optic front and rear but sometimes I just put a small piece of electrical tape on rear FO rods to make it easier to pick up front sight. Cajun gun works has a pretty affordable rear/front sight set as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, bsand said:

Yes

yes

Dawson or Czc

your going to have to do some adjustments on the rear sight. I got mine dialed in with one adjustment with a brass punch from center.

Will also need to drill the front sight hole with a #47 wire drill bit (I used 5/64's).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Drill on the sight itself or the slide of the pistol? 

14 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

I have Dawson fiber optic front and rear but sometimes I just put a small piece of electrical tape on rear FO rods to make it easier to pick up front sight. Cajun gun works has a pretty affordable rear/front sight set as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was checking out Cajun's. It looks like they have a set that is actually made by Dawson for them. Says it requires no drilling. 

Very weird thing...

So the day I started this thread, I went to the Dawson site to check out the FO sites they offer based on some of the feedback. I placed the Competition Fixed Sight Set in the shopping cart. I didn't check out. I know I didn't because I was waiting for more feedback before I decided. I got a call today that they shipped the sights to me but never charged my card. I explain to the lady I never placed the order so it doesn't surprise me that they never charged my credit card; I never entered one on the sight. 

Well... I check my spam folder and sure enough, I have an email with a tracking number. I told the gal that I haven't deciding on the sights yet. I will either keep them and give her my CC at that time or ship them back. 

Very odd. I do 99% of my shopping online. This is a first for me.