Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero your rifle, pattern your shotgun ...

danpass

I had my first 3 Gun match this past weekend at Altair Training Facility near Naples, FL

MY GOPRO VIDEO

I had zeroed my rifle about two weekends before but had to address a gas block / rail issue afterward.  I KNEW that I had to re-zero but just couldn't get the time before the match.  While guesstimating will get you a ping, it eats up all your time.

I had lost the bead on my only shotgun, a pump action Winchester 1300 Defender, a while back and 'replaced' the bead with a zip-tie lol with a red paint stripe for a sight.  I was dead-on for windage and I knew from a previous pattern test that the gun shot very high.

Still it was extremely frustrating to watch the splash directly behind the steel plate and the damn plate staying upright,  EVEN THOUGH I was aiming at the base of the plate support!  The only real fix to this one, I believe, is a tall front sight lol.

My pistol was atrocious at distance. (Glock 19 w the plastic sights)  I'm leaning toward the Glock factory steel night sights service that they offer.

Regardless the whole experience was awesome :D

Edited by danpass

I have a lot of experience with shotgun..was on the US national team in one way or another since I was 13 years old..i have never used beads on my shotgun!

if I can give 2 pieces of advice for shotgun?

1)you point a shotgun, don't aim it.

2) grip it the complete opposite as a handgun (heavy grip the trigger hand, and lightly grip the support hand for better movement)

these are simple things....but people always screw them up.

as for the glock 19 with plastic sights? I just recently had a guy whip all of us in production division with a bone stock glock 19 he had purchased the previous night...dude was a straight ringer.

the bench

23 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Great training experience.

Good luck.

any time you have a rough shoot it is a great training experience...ive never learned anything by doing everything right..when everything goes right I brush it off as accidental epicness!!

the bench