Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Gunsmiths

RangerTrace

I'm buying the STI slide/frame kit from Tommy Roupe and will start buying parts to finish the pistol as I can afford them.  I've heard that GANS has retired and I'm curious who all is out there to finish the pistol.  FWIW, it's going to be a work/IDPA ESP gun in 9mm.

Thanks,

Trace

4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm buying the STI slide/frame kit from Tommy Roupe and will start buying parts to finish the pistol as I can afford them.  I've heard that GANS has retired and I'm curious who all is out there to finish the pistol.  FWIW, it's going to be a work/IDPA ESP gun in 9mm.

Thanks,

Trace

Sti? I thought you were a Sv guy. 

It depends on how fast you want it built. Gans Guns been know for how fast he can build a reliable gun. If your willing to wait then you other options is lone star, atlas, limcat,Akai,ck and many others "which are all good in many ways" It won't hurt to email them or call them to see their work load and wait time.

2 hours ago, Thaunk said:

Talk with Adam at Atlas Gunworks.

I love Adams work but he has been turning people down for this type of work.  Two guys at my club that I know of.  Not sure if he's getting to busy with the semi production guns or what the deal is.

8 hours ago, ScottieShootz said:

gans is still building guns as far as I know.  just have to send him all the parts. 

Yes, he responded to my email last week.  He takes in a limited amount of work and refuses to work 80 hours weeks these days.  I can't imagine why........

11 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Yes, he responded to my email last week.  He takes in a limited amount of work and refuses to work 80 hours weeks these days.  I can't imagine why........

Yup, just received an email from him as well. He's currently backed up  but does still accept work. 

Edited by v1911