Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA carbine buffer is 5.3oz

20 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Use a 223 spring and some 131-137PF reloads and it will be a good combo. Thanks, Eric

Yup.  That's what I did.  Experimented with several different buffers (ranged from 3 ounce to 5,2 ounce) and two different springs (.308 and .223) to solve a doubling issue I had with a Hiperfire 24c trigger.

The stock buffer (5.2 ounce) with a .223 spring solved the problem.

Thanks.

Bill

hello new to PCC, i have a PSA i ran it for the first time yesterday. i had some failure to load but not failure to extract or eject. is this an issue that may go away with more breaking-in or should i do what you guys are saying and put in a .223 spring 

PSA offers several different 9mm lowers.  

I have two PSA 9mm Glock magazine lowers.  Mine has the three holes in the trigger guard.  They've never given me a problem with feeding into stock PSA uppers.

A friend has a different style PSA for Glock lower that does not have the holes.  From pictures on their website, it appears to be the lower with LRBHO but his does not. Initially he had some problems with feeding.  We tried several different buffers and spring combinations as well as different weight/shape bullets and OAL without success.

His gunsmith did some polishing to the feedramp area (had some roughness we did not notice).  Since then its run like a scalded dawg.

Bill