Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet feeding die

I use the Hornady bullet feed dies and I have not had problems with the 40 cal. die using HI TEK coated bullets. 9mm is a different story. I had to use the 38/357 feed die and I've not had any problems since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from the Hornady bullet feeder to the MBF about a year ago.  In my opinion, the MBF is much easier to set up.  I ran a batch of 115gr 9mm Leatherheads through it and it ran perfectly.  I usually load 9mm 115 gr X-Tremes, never had an issue.  Just follow the set up instructions.  BRC

Never used the hornady.
I had no trouble at all with the MBF. I had the occasional wrong side up bullet, till mounting it separate from the press. Set it up per the instructions and works flawlessly.

If ease of adjusting the bullet feeding die is the only criteria, then the Hornady wins. I find both the Hornady and MBF's to be a pain to adjust initially, but the MBF's collator / bullet flipper is superior IMO. It's also a lot quieter.

All that having been said, given the cost involved, I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze in doing a full-fledged swap out.

M

• 2 weeks later...

The Mr Bullet Feeder Dies have ball bearings to grip the bullets so not going to get stressed everytime a bullet is seated. Much better design in my experience.

If they could keep the bullet reject/clicker arm from capturing a 115gr 9mm bullet it would be great. I out a little sticky felt in the inside of the arm and no more upside down bullets now that It cant get anything jammed in there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 8:48 PM, bubba04 said:

Ended up going to mrbulletfeeder and wow it's worth the money.

For sure!   I would not live without my three MBF's. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would think that you would just figure out a spacer if needed for the spring where it goes into the top of the die. You could probably ignore the micro switch and the bullet feeder would run continuously.

Edited by WarrenZ

On 8/21/2017 at 6:09 PM, 12Bravo said:

I have a Hornady bullet feeder,  does anyone have pics/vid of adapting the MBF die to work with the Hornady collator?

I'm not sure why you would want to? The Hornady bullet feeder die worked fine for me.

The only part that is really different between the dies is the micro switch and you wouldn't need that with the hornady bullet feeder