Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing bolt handle

blacklab

I have a Benelli M1 that has been working great.......but, I went to a shoot tonight and the bolt handle was no where to be found. I used the gun last Sunday and at the end of the day I took it off my cart and put it in its case where it stayed until tonight. I didn't take notice if the handle was there or not on Sunday but I did shoot my last stage with out a problem. There was an hour or so after the stage where the M1 was getting pushed around on the cart, so I guess the handle shook it self lose through out the day and fell out when it was on the cart. It had a Nortic handle on it and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there is a way to keep it from happening again. I did put the stock handle in the bolt tonight and it fits tight so nothing in the bolt is worn but I never checked to see how tight the Nortic fit. Could the handle have been worn out? Do they need to be changed after "x" amount of rounds?

I'm not sure a bolt handle can work itself loose unless its defective. It would have to have a quite a bit of wear to just fallout. I hate to say it but it kinda sounds like someone stole your handle when you weren't looking.