Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Previous Forum Dealer Indictment?

I was contacted today by a reporter from the Phoenix New Times asking for comment about the recent federal indictment of a prior forum vendor.

In 2015 I posted in this forum soliciting members for information about problems dealing with this particular vendor.  Before being shut down I identified 4 others, I strongly suspect that there were dozens of others.  Some members accused me of bad intentions and false claims.  In a private email to forum management I expressed the opinion that they had a responsibility to protect members from certain shady vendors.  

Innocent until proven guilty aside, my original posting has been validated.  How many new customers were cheated because of cronyism?

6 hours ago, jerryz06 said:

Innocent until proven guilty

It's a fine line -     Allegations    .....     Guilt.

I had a similar situation ten years ago with a BE dealer who was

universally loved - almost screwed me.    Few people made allegations

besides me, but we were drowned out.

Thankfully it doesn't happen too often here at BE.  Overall, a great

bunch of guys :)

It was not cronyism,  nor was it a desire to protect anyone. This is a shooting forum, not a customer service complaint forum. 

Airing customer service issues, whether they be real or imaginary,  on this forum or any forum for that matter, can lead to litigation,  which would involve the forum owner in something for which he has no stake or control over...hence the "No customer service issues". It has nothing to do with who it is or what they have done, it is simply a way for the forum owner to protect himself from unnecessary legal actions.

I strongly caution anyone wanting to re-start this thread (or any others like it).